This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,102 replies, has 82 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,061 through 2,080 (of 2,106 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

wow what an experience with the full open throttle, scary, good to hear damage was small considering what could have happened. If it was me I would buy a shit load of lottery tickets and new underwear, just like the apollo 13 astronauts did.

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

another wow it says page 104, what a great brilliant build, I might venture over to the dark side and start reading from page 1 and see how many grey hairs (time) I can add to the ones I have already by reading it all. May the liquid force be with me.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lol, thanks guys.  I went and had a look at the scene if the crime. It’s actually quite unbelievable how close I came to disaster.  I would.like to think it was my skill but the honest truth is it was a huge amount of luck.  I thought about buying a lottery ticket but then thought I think I just won it!  Def have to sort it out though so there is zero chance of it ever happening again.  Emergency shut off and positive stop on the linkages.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Emergency stop switches have arrived, hopefully, on the weekend get a chance to look at which is best and mounting it.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

one on the right looks nice

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

one on the right looks nice

Yea I think so too, has a nice action to it too.  Not that I hope to use it that often!!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Finally got some time on it.  Played around with the linkages and adjusting them longer means there is no way they can go over centre.  I have to admit I don’t think its the greatest design out of Jenvey that getting them out by a few turns means you are so close to disaster but anyways live and learn.  I think I will still design up some sort of hard stop device on the 3D printer just for belt and braces.  Fitted up the kill switch but it’s not wired up yet.  Also bought some replacement rubber for the fuel tank straps as that had got a bit torn up, so all looking sweet again.  The cars off to Bpnez for a tidy up detail as its being displayed at Extreme Auto Expo at Wayvile showgrounds this weekend.  So after that, I can do some more on it.  Drive out to Williamstown was sweet though, its running great.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Anyone in Adelaide going to the Extreme Auto Expo at Wayville showgrounds this weekend.  The Senator will be displayed as part of the Commodores and Classic Holden Enthusiasts car club inside.  I’m planning to be there Saturday avo, if you come along, say g’day.

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Hey mate is it worth letting Jenvey know what happened? I’m sure you aren’t the only one with that type of manifold and what happened is something they should address with their design

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Had thought about that, your probably right.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Extreme Auto done and dusted.  I think the car looked mint.  Have to say this car show caper is all a bit new, and if I am honest to me at least, a bit boring.  Prob should have got off my ass and printed some info about the car, as when I was talking to people it became obvious unless you have followed the build it isn’t really obvious the amount of work that’s gone into it.  Drive home was fabulous, it’s just so nice at cruising speeds, def needs some touch-up work on the tune at faster constant speed.  Using the fuel controller set to low totally sorts the fuel heating up and noisy pump issue, so I need to get off my ass and make the switch up frot where I can get to it.  Might just concentrate on some driving now and give displaying it a rest for a while, at least at formal shows.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Looks Good Gary , I personally like the show and drive events more the drive as it’s only on show when not on the track or street cruise

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea I think me too, just static displays to the general public are a little, I don’t know boring.  Some of the cars around me seriously had to be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.  I mean they are awesome to look at, but you could tell they weren’t really ever driven.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Sometimes it’s a good thing when people cant tell how much you have done.

Esp it subtle is the way your tackling it. I’ve never been one for show. I might pop the hood here and there once the new car is going. I’m more street antics. Haha

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

There’s a chrome and coffee kind of event near me once a month, they are quite good as you can go when you want.  And it gives me a reason to drive it.  But yea def we are similar cars are for driving and enjoying rather than displaying.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

If it doesn’t drive it’s not a car and there’s no reason to own it…

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Spotto !! https://www.whichcar.com.au/events/fuchs-adelaide-auto-expo-2019?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019_12_06_SM&utm_term=list_streetmachine_newsletter

Always puts a smile on my dial seeing a pic pop up I must admit :-)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

The senator looks nice n neat n streetable gary, good effort on your display experience, I didn’t get to go this year but then I’m not a big fan of seeing untouchable magazine cover cars, plus gets a bit eye candy boring after a going to a lot of them, Im more a hands on person than looking person. In saying that, your grey colour is not 1 of my taste but with the artistic silver trim and mags does the grey a favour and makes the grey more appealing/artistic.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thanks mate, yea tbh not sure I will do any shows like that again, its a little bit stale.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,061 through 2,080 (of 2,106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.