This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Summers Summers 8 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

Hi, i’ve looked about this forum for a lil while and commented here and there so i thought i should post up my own project and contribute something here. I’ve the car since i was an apprentice and its been through a few engine and gearbox combos over the years. Right now its been off the road a few years and a slow build i get to when i have time around work and family life. Anyway its a vn ss was originally a powerpack auto in atlas grey. Specs at the moment are:

Ls1 motor, assemblied by myself originally built by marano or something like that. standard rotating assembly just arp rod bolts. Higgins heads, custom grind comp cam, holley hi ram manifold, pacemaker extractors.

Th400 built by myself. Full manual valve body, dual feed mods etc. Custom converter untested yet meant to be in the 3800-4200 range.

Diff is a factory bw with 4.11 gears rebuilt by myself to suit last engine combo. Have 3.45’s to fit for this combo.

Interior is a bit of a bitsa due to being an events car now and also not completed. Vp calais international doortrims and vx calais biege leather seats im in the process of recovering in biege leather.

Still has a lot of small jobs to go before its ready for any fun and still an unknown if the box is anygood first auto ive ever built let alone modified  :unsure:

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Summers Summers.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looks like that would be a bit of fun on the pad when its done.  keep the :good: posts coming

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hopefully its fun and decently reliable. Kept it fairly basic so shouldnt be too bad. First time.ive put anything ive built up on a forum really so i will try remember to take pics along the way. Ive got some older ones of previous engine combos and some sneaky fun ones but thats bout it.</p>

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I started that way, had never posted either when I started building mine, it sort of takes on a mind of its own.  Very good for getting peoples ideas and opinions, and a single place to record what you have done.

Profile photo of SLO 05L
    SLO 05L
    Participant

TOUGH!!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

That induction setup screams, I’m here to fuck shit up !!!!!!

Profile photo of 810ey
    810ey
    Participant

im swapping a L98 with hi ram into my vn ss at the moment aswell, hopefully i can get my intake set up a bit lower lol, what brand throttle bodys are u using?

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Thanks for the comments guys. The manifold was pretty much just a i’m here to party statement haha. My throttle bodies are just aeroflow ones. Unsure how good they are havent had time to finish off the lil things so i can fire it with this setup yet.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Summers Summers.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Back in the day a mate had a VN 5.0L and it was very traction limited, can’t image how this beast will go!

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

Well previous vn this engine was in albeit manual was about to powerskid in 4th. It wasnt happy about it but it did happen haha. I trimmed the bonnet out the other day will try get it on and off the stands for a decent photo if i get time

Profile photo of 810ey
    810ey
    Participant

awesome man love to see more pics of the beast  :good:

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

So not alot has happened really lately. Between work and buying a house ive been pretty busy. Have decided its getting a console and plastic trims etc back in it again its just too ugly without it and cut a big hole in the bonnet so that can finally go again too.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey looking good summers

question for every one I suppose is it a requirement bylaw to put the fuel cell or tank in the boot I see this in a lot of oz street car builds over here in nz you don’t really see it more of customs  drop tanks

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

Its not a legal requirement here to do a cell in the boot. If anything it can be a hassle for a street car rego wise having it there can cause a few legal/defect issues. Alot of the time its either a looks thing or simply a layout thing.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

So long as you follow the guide lines you can run the cell in the boot.

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

Well there ya go. Always learning when your playing with cars i guess. I just assumed with the reform to engineering certification it would just end up in the too hard basket. Good to know though i am considering putting this thing back on the street sometime in the future so i can cruise with the wife and my lil girl.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Trouble with in boot installs on a streeter is theres no room to put the esky full of beer ☺

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

Not a whole lot has happened lately been busy with buying a house and starting the move etc. Did have the oil pump shit itself so replaced with a high volume mellings pump. All good pressure now 55psi on start up. Did finally get the thing out of the shop though and home. People cominh out of everywhere with the thing running straight out of extractors. Has a major tune issue on standard mafless tune though. Can not work itself out air fuel wise. Has much larger injectors and the manifold too a simple slight touch of throttle and revs pick up too sharply and take quite a while to settle down. Made loading on the trailer a deadly experience so ending up winching the last half of getting it on there. Anybody done any tuning or setting up of these manifolds before?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

Just a pic with a bit more perspective then what i could get in the shop. This is just before loading it onto the trailer to get it home.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.