This topic contains 51 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vkgmh
    Vkgmh
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’ve come over from street commodores but all is well,

Im in the process of building another vk commodore this will be a group a replica. been collecting parts for a while now and time to put my ass into gear and get it all done. started off as a one owner vk sl with a mint interior. a few change in directions and now its going to have a modern drive line with old school style.

motor is a stock 6.0L, going to have a th350 box with a 3:9 mini spool rear, tubbed to chassis rails with a 30mm strip welded in to keep factory look and a few other little things. rear mount fuel cell. weld magnums 17 front and 15×10 rear

body work almost done, pics attached if it works

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Vkgmh
    Vkgmh
    Participant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Vkgmh
    Vkgmh
    Participant

So that was the original idea a clean sleeper. Ls2, turbo th350, spindrift metallic.
    Now going to be Hdt kitted group A brock blue.
    Here is a pic of my vk ATM. Orange Vk Calais supercharged 5.0l, full manual trimatic, 9 inch. Hdt body kit Alfa Motorsport reverse scoop 20 inch Mc racing wheels vs ss front seats and automated dash

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

My kind of build..got similar asteroid silver vk on/off build that’s halfway through mini-tub trying to keep it looking factory’ish looking except it’s efi 5l/th700 & built from left-overs,swap deals & hand me downs.

Also just inside wheel arch dead in the middle is where they can rub if go too low or too big sidewall/tyre size…can quickly destroy a tyre

Going 255/60 or 275 on 15×10 rim?

Looks a bit like ol’ provk with those rims

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Nice build. This forum is filling up with VK LS swaps hahaha, I’m doing a similar build, LS3 into VK.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Firstly mate welcome to the forum, and secondly that’s bloody outstanding!!  (But I am partial the old LS swap!!).  Man there’s some cool builds on here, keep us posted on progress…

Profile photo of Vkgmh
    Vkgmh
    Participant

My kind of build..got similar asteroid silver vk on/off build that’s halfway through mini-tub trying to keep it looking factory’ish looking except it’s efi 5l/th700 & built from left-overs,swap deals & hand me downs.

Also just inside wheel arch dead in the middle is where they can rub if go too low or too big sidewall/tyre size…can quickly destroy a tyre

Going 255/60 or 275 on 15×10 rim?

Looks a bit like ol’ provk with those rims

Thanks for the tip mate. Did some gentle massaging around that area cos that where my other car rubs.
    I’ve got weld magnums 15×10 with a M&H 275 on them.

Profile photo of Vkgmh
    Vkgmh
    Participant

Also just order my gearbox yesterday full manual th350 and some other bits that have arrived.
    Home tomorrow for 2 weeks to get engine bay and a boot prepped for a trial fit of the motor and then off to the painters 👍👍

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Nice mate, how does the SC 5L go?

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

mind posting up some more pics and info of the red VK, did you buy it or build it yourself?

Profile photo of Vkgmh
    Vkgmh
    Participant

The orange one I’ve had for about 10 years. Did it when I was like 21 or 22. Wish I kept it all original but was young and dumb. Was a Burgundy over silver Calais. It’s got 210kw at the wheels. Build a 333stroked for it but did a rear main seal loading it up on the trailer before PCM last year.

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

looks nice, reminds me alot of my uncles old VK, which is the reason i asked

his was a factory V8 Berlina auto he had a HDT kit fitted to it,  from what i can remember it was a group 3 lower kit and group a boot spoiler, was a similar colour, i was originally a trial colour that didn’t end up going into production, but he had it resprayed later on with a mix between the original colour, a Suzuki colour and something else, 3 colours in total,

i have his old workshop manual around here somewhere from when he had it which has a very itemized list of what he had done to it, paint codes and what he bought for it

He fitted a full VK Calais interior to it, he then fitted the Berlina trim into my grandfathers VK executive, which my parents ended up buying a few years later

my uncle sold it back about 1999/2000, and we only ever saw it once after that when we were out somewhere it wasn’t in the same condition, it had changed owners 2 or 3 time since

thanks for posting the pictures up

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    Profile photo of Vkgmh
    Vkgmh
    Participant

So some time has passed busy with work and Xmas hols too but this year it’s back to the car
    A few things have happened.
    The body is fully done and in High-Low all the doors, boot rear wing and front guards are all hanging up ready to trial fit and block back.
    Fitter the rear end over Xmas a made a mistake with the tape measure so doing coil over rear now.
    Got my self some new boots for it and some other parts too. So now to fill some holes in the engine bad and trial fit motor to sort out piping for turbo and hide the engine harness. Pics attached.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

What did you measure wrong  :unsure:

Profile photo of Vkgmh
    Vkgmh
    Participant

Everything fitted perfect apart from the brake caliper. It hit the shocks and can’t move the lower trailing arm in anymore cos the shock will hit the chassis.
    Rear wheels are 15×10 with 4”BS

Profile photo of Vkgmh
    Vkgmh
    Participant

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

SOME awsome updates mate.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

I like where this is heading

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Some dudes cut or dent top cover of shocker…most just go rear drums…can also go later ford calipers apparently they can be made to fit down low to clear rail.

Lot of stuffing around for fat-ass sidewalls aint it lol

Looks like making good progress dude.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Everything fitted perfect apart from the brake caliper. It hit the shocks and can’t move the lower trailing arm in anymore cos the shock will hit the chassis. Rear wheels are 15×10 with 4”BS Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it’s pissing around but why not put a leading caliper on then it’s in the front not behind by shock if it’s engineered then should be sweet with regs

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.