This topic contains 380 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 381 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

The Headers will have the same relationship to the subframe they always had… I think if anything building the headers will be easier as there will be tons of room on the drivers side for a change. Just to be clear I’m NOT advocating 50mm spacers just mentioned it as that’s how Holden got around it on the CrossTrac cars, I’d use what ever gives you 10mm bonnet clearance and call it good.

More so in retro spec to ground clearance. I don’t know if you have mentioned it or not but what’s your engineer say? I’m shocked if they say yes. Out of curiosity. What’s a CTSV hat worth? Is the cost difference that much? Bear in mind you could sell you brand new zl1 lid for decent money. ESP to someone in USA. Those guys are always looking for them. Just food for thought. I didn’t want to stuff around with spacers, I didn’t like the idea of them and the potential suspension and steering geometry changes it could make. I was happy to run a small scoop and went with that.

Hey Cava it was the engineer that suggested the spacers in the first place I am not a fan of them either , that’s why I am going to give it another crack with out spacers how much did your one sit up above have you got a photo across the guards of it

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Nah I don’t mate. My lid just clear the group a scoop and TB just clears the bonnet skin.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Well I have done nothing on the car as on Wednesday lifted some gib plaster board and pop went my left lower bicep tendon yip fuck, surgery again  so car on back burner and have to find more help for the work load I have

Hey Gary what alternator bracket did you get from proflow the one I see say’s ls1 does this still work

and I can not believe how much tensioners cost

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

You need a VE bracket and alternator to suit your pulley offset.

You will also need to buy a blower tensioner bracket and the upper and lower tensioner pulley.

Also need some sort of idler to fill power steering pump void.

Get it all from HSV direct.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

You need a VE bracket and alternator to suit your pulley offset. You will also need to buy a blower tensioner bracket and the upper and lower tensioner pulley. Also need some sort of idler to fill power steering pump void. Get it all from HSV direct.

cheers Cava I Don’t need any of the supercharger stuff as I have order a race drive set from lsx concepts it’s in the country but at customs waiting on duty to pay

LSA/ZL1 Supercharger Heavy Duty Race Drive

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

What made you buy that? Wouldn’t of been cheap

They are fair chunky looking. Not subtle.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

What made you buy that? Wouldn’t of been cheap They are fair chunky looking. Not subtle.

I had nothing for the charger set up my motor didn’t come with either tensioner, I  liked that fact more wrap on blower also I can change boost with out changing other stuff just the bottom pulley , 1000 bucks ,exchange rate kills us on this side of the world

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yeah none of the crate motors come with that. Which is stupid as they need it to run the blower drive

You only have to change the bracket if you boost it 25% or above. Other then that you can just keep the factory bracket. If I would of known I would have just suggested buying the offset bracket straight up to save some $$$ You would of had change from $400

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah none of the crate motors come with that. Which is stupid as they need it to run the blower drive You only have to change the bracket if you boost it 25% or above. Other then that you can just keep the factory bracket. If I would of known I would have just suggested buying the offset bracket straight up to save some $$$ You would of had change from $400

yeah but I like it , it’s different plus manual tension and it will be abused mark my word ,  this build is going to be expensive know matter what I do

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

parts turned up today very nicely made and packaged super charger drive system

LSX RACE DRIVE LSA by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

LSX RACE DRIVE by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea that looks like quality!

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey all had a play and fitted the race drive real easy to fit just got to wait until I buy the 28% lower pulley then I can sort belt out , also got some other drive accessories sorted alternator should turn up this week ,,had a look at Haltech ecu and they supply a ls1-ls3 terminated loom

photo’s

Race drive lsa by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

Race drive lsa by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice piece of kit.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah none of the crate motors come with that. Which is stupid as they need it to run the blower drive You only have to change the bracket if you boost it 25% or above. Other then that you can just keep the factory bracket. If I would of known I would have just suggested buying the offset bracket straight up to save some $$$ You would of had change from $400

Hey Cava having an issue with alternators and brackets can you tell me what you have photo’s would be good to, I have a bracket from Holden ls3 that bolts to all three holes in the block centre of the two main holes that the alternator sits in is 139mm then got an ls3 alternator and does not fit bracket or block, alternator  has centres of 155 , have been told the ls3 only has two bolts that bolt to the block, but wrong offset for lsa

any help would be appreciated

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I’ve sent you a PM

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

I’ve sent you a PM

sorry cava i’m new to this pm stuff how and where do I get this from

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Click your user name. It will enter your profile. Then look under messages.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Click your user name. It will enter your profile. Then look under messages.

its just a number is that right

Profile photo of dave
    dave
    Participant

I see you having issues with header clearance. I cant quite see from pics but are you using a VL, VN, VP rack or a VH rack. The later steering racks are a lot smaller profile giving more room. Later racks wont bolt up to early K frame. Need to fit later K frame as well. You may already know this and have done it, but just in case.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

I see you having issues with header clearance. I cant quite see from pics but are you using a VL, VN, VP rack or a VH rack. The later steering racks are a lot smaller profile giving more room. Later racks wont bolt up to early K frame. Need to fit later K frame as well. You may already know this and have done it, but just in case.

Cheers Dave

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 381 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.