This topic contains 380 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 381 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

I’d take Handling over Bonnet every time Frazer, thinking a Bulge like a Falcon might be nicer than a scoop though.

the falcon bulge is what I always looked at don’t want a scoop so fabricating something or cutting up another bonnet with the bulge like the fg

the whole car and motor looks way nicer without the spacers had to try it so maybe others can steer clear of the idea

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Sell the blower and go turbo. That’ll keep it under the bonnet

Never been a fan of turbos yes more power but not after stupid power,, plus I like blower noise :yes:   :yes:   :yes:

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Have had both and would never go back to Turbo’s, there’s no comparison.

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

doing something yourself hands on is the best way to learn and know for sure, well done frazier, not many would have tried what you did. The suspension looks much better now and you will have good handling and ride. Those big spacers just didn’t make the car feel safe and probably would have driven like an old modified chassis dragster from the old days.

Working under my car I have seen how weak and flimsy the body/chassis of the commodore really is, and after seeing the strength of IJ’s build, if I had your fabrication skills, I would really make and strengthen all the suspension parts and chassis like you did with the motor/gearbox mounts considering the car was not made for the power you are putting into it considering it only weighs about 1300kg

And yes I would have your instant super charger over a turbo any day of the week and keep the car with the more factory comfort feel and blower noise. :good:

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

I dodged the naughty corner @gary :good:

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

I dodged the naughty corner @gary

Lol

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

doing something yourself hands on is the best way to learn and know for sure, well done frazier, not many would have tried what you did. The suspension looks much better now and you will have good handling and ride. Those big spacers just didn’t make the car feel safe and probably would have driven like an old modified chassis dragster from the old days. Working under my car I have seen how weak and flimsy the body/chassis of the commodore really is, and after seeing the strength of IJ’s build, if I had your fabrication skills, I would really make and strengthen all the suspension parts and chassis like you did with the motor/gearbox mounts considering the car was not made for the power you are putting into it considering it only weighs about 1300kg And yes I would have your instant super charger over a turbo any day of the week and keep the car with the more factory comfort feel and blower noise.

Thanks Vin with the power it’s going to have we are going to stich weld what we can and tie the chassis from front to rear lower arms , plenty more fabrication to come

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Have had both and would never go back to Turbo’s, there’s no comparison.

Enlighten me Ian I’ve never been down the turbo root ,only driven friends cars but that’s it , all quit different from 4 -6 cylinders

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Turbo cars have their place, it’s a bit like riding a big 2 stroke bike, you need to keep them in their happy place, Blower engines just feel like a much bigger capacity NA engine.

Then there’s the thermal management issues with Turbos, I spent a lot of time effort and money in my Supra and it still cooked just about everything in the engine bay…

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I dodged the naughty corner @gary

Well done young man, keep this up and you will get an early minute :good:

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No love for NA anymore :cry:

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

No love for NA anymore

My work ute is still N/A does that count

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

No love for NA anymore

mine is still NA Gary…. haha

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I do fully appreciate it’s so much “easier” to go the FI  route, but the noise of 8 trumpets gulping in air at 6,000rpm on 454 cubes has its good points :)  But the LSA is a very neat package also.

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

Hey Frazier, these might be helpful to you ? found them in the original holden service manual.

Standard Eyebrow heights taken from the bottom edge of rim (not the centre of rim) to guard lip = 8vx69 sle @ 15″ rim as 593mm front and 555mm rear, the original 14″ was 5mm lower at front and 2mm lower at rear.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey All had a play with car today pulled the gearbox x-member cut it up to redo it also cut the radiator support bar off it’s in the way of my plans for radiator ,a/c condenser , and Inter-chiller ,yesterday dropped the fuel tank as going to make a custom tank , just forgot how much gas was left in it and could not find an electric pump to suck it out :-( but got it out and filled my ute , ride on mower and still had spare

20200330_170209 by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

20200330_170220 by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

20200330_170230 by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

20200330_170408 by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

There sure is some very cool builds going on at the moment.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey all Can some one measure something for me,, under the car from front of k frame to front of crank pulley them from crank pully to crank bolt I have added a picture to show what I mean

20200414_171404 by Frazer Russell[/url], on Flickr

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

sounds like a job for @Heron :good: , sorry mines on dolly wheels/no kframe and no LS

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

sounds like a job for @Heron , sorry mines on dolly wheels/no kframe and no LS

That could be a slight issue :unsure:

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 381 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.