This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of SaUte SaUte 8 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SaUte
    SaUte
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi all, I recently installed some puddle lights in my VE ute, here’s how I did it.

Things you will need:
    Glove box lights (from pretty much any commodore)
    About 2 meters of wire.
    Wire connectors.
    Electrical tape.
    LED globes.
    A dremel or similar.

Firstly ,remove you door cards,mine had 6 screws and 1 torx.

At the bottom of the card you will see a cutout for the lights, they are a little bigger than the glove box lights I used so measure carefully and test fit the lights.

Puddle lights fitted

Now run two wires through the hole you just cut, leave one long enough to reach inside the cabin and cut the other one short, 6 inches maybe, to use as an earth, I used a bolt inside the door.Crimp some connectors on and plug into the light and connect your earth.

The next bit is a bit tricky, you have to feed the long wire through the rubber tube, I found it easier to pop the tube out so you can make it straighter.

Tape the wire to some stiff wire and push wire through the tube.

Wire ready to go.

Through the tube.

Then do the same to get the wire into the cabin, you will have to remove the kick panels to do this.

Wire into cabin

I have footwell lighting in my car, so I connected to them. If you haven’t got footwell lighting you will have to find your interior light circuit.

Repeat for the other door(ute remember,lol),test and put everything back together and you should end up with this :good:

Done

Night shot

That’s pretty much it, as you can see , the LED’s are very bright.

I hope that helps anyone out that wants to try this, any questions just give me a shout.

Mick

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.