This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VKJZ
    VKJZ
    Participant

Just did the V8 experience at qld raceway today. Holy crap it’s good fun!

Car wasn’t lightning quick, pretty sure it was a standard ls1 vy but damn they are set up to corner! Old bud was just telling me to feed it more, it was ridiculous it just stuck

Has anyone else done it before?

• This topic was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of Admin Admin.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Did a V8 track day at Mallala once, best fun you can have with your clothes on :)

Profile photo of Kenthor
    Kenthor
    Participant

I did it at wakefield park last week. Loved it, but it was over all too soon!

Profile photo of VKJZ
    VKJZ
    Participant

I know exactly what you mean! Just getting the hang of it, taking it to the edge and it’s over

Profile photo of getuted
    getuted
    Participant

I have also done it at Qld raceway was alot of fun but agree over far to fast, did you get the dvd and t-shirt?

Profile photo of VKJZ
    VKJZ
    Participant

Nah just did the basic package, wouldn’t want it filmed otherwise hrt would be chasing me to drive for them :-P

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

Yup, did one at Adelaide International Raceway.

The 180kph down the drag strip main straight was the most boring part.

(AIR has a bowl and the main straight doubles as a drag strip)

I did a Rally school drive, was a complete waste of money.
    I chose the ute because of the short line and being RWD. Stock hopeless shifter and shit suspension. Not to mention the stunt drive “instructor” was useless.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

I thought it was ok. Car wasn’t that quick in a straight line but brakes and suspension was good. The instructor you get makes a huge difference to how much fun you can have I reckon. Mine was an absolute tool.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Also was lucky enough to get invited to a Mercedes drive day at Mallala (mates brother is a Merc salesman) Doing 240km/h down the straight in an E63 was pretty special. The little SLK, the tiny two door with a 5l V8 shoe horned under the bonnet was the pick though. Nothing beats fanging someone elses car around a race track. Its like having a hire car but on steroids :)

Profile photo of VKJZ
    VKJZ
    Participant

I do agree the instructor makes all the difference, he’s pretty much telling you when to do everything and it’s as fun as he’ll make it. I’m lucky I had a good one

Profile photo of Nikolai
    Nikolai
    Participant

I did he v8 experience at eastern creek 10 years ago. Good fun, but I agree with it not being long enough. You need another 10 or 15 laps I reckon. I did the Formula Ford one last year at Wakefield park (goulburn). That was much better. You don’t get the sound of a v8, but Christ they’re quick. And you can do as many laps as you like, provided to pay for them. Plus, they’re only one seaters, so no pesky instructor sitting next to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Did a V8 Ute experience with Insane Racing at Mallala. A mate of mine is an instructor and got me out there a christmas present. Awesome experience and even better when you have laps with the instructor driving against the others. Great fun.

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Just did the V8 experience at qld raceway today. Holy crap it’s good fun! Car wasn’t lightning quick, pretty sure it was a standard ls1 vy but damn they are set up to corner! Old bud was just telling me to feed it more, it was ridiculous it just stuck Has anyone else done it before?

Bit late of a reply, but I also did this at QLD Rceway. My wife bought 8 laps as a wedding pressie and she let me do the drive during our honeymoon! :yahoo:

Nothing ruins your Friday more than realising it's only Tuesday...

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^that’s a keeper right there….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.