This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thatotherguy94
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Picked up this SSZ locally, was pretty much everything I was looking for which was, manual, twin hump hard lid and sunroof. Its a pretty clean and straight car for its age with the only real damage being someone has scratched both sides. Its 99% stock with the exception of a different exhaust tip I think. I found it after my dad told me about it being parked in someones front yard with a for sale sign on it, he originally looked at it for himself but I ended up buying it instead

Model: 05 SSZ ute

Colour: Turismo Blue

Body: Standard SSZ with twin hump hard lid and sunroof

Engine Type: 5.7 V8 (LS1?)

Exhaust: Standard

Gearbox: 6 speed manual

Diff: Standard LSD unsure on ratio

Wheels: Standard SSZ

Suspension: FE2

Brakes: Standard red SSZ

Stereo: Standard 6 stacker

Interior: SSZ seats, Oil + battery gauge

Future Mods:
    New Stereo with aux input
    Exhaust

Current Issues:
    Scratches along both sides and bonnet
    Dead huntsman spider in RH tail light
    Needs a detail inside

Pictures:
    Will add better ones when I get a chance to take some

Profile photo of davo94
    davo94
    Participant

I have always had a soft spot for that exact ute.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

What a great score, very nice.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Thanks guys

I started cleaning this up today, started with the interior, vacuumed and cleaned everything down, bucket of water was dark by the time I was done, still need to do the seats as well. Have a couple of before and afters

I need a new gear knob or to get this one redone

Afters

and a picture out the front while I had it out so I could get my VS out..

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Not much to update but I put some floor mats in, changed the plates to my XX ones from the calais and have now washed it a couple of times. Used it on a trip to IKEA to help a mate redecorate his room

Basically his whole new room except for his bed

Last week one of the hinges for the hardlid came off the body because where it was screwed into had stripped. Took the hardlid off and put it into the lounge room. Ended up putting some rivet nuts and new bolts to the body so hopefully it shouldnt come off again.

Complimentary cushion to help it “blend in”

I also changed the parkers to LED’s and put some different globes in the low beams, I think they need adjusting so will get onto that pretty soon

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Very nice ute mate .. Came up nice after a clean. You going to get it painted?

Would make the old 5.0lt feel pretty slow in comparsion.

And  this might help

https://jhp.com.au/shop/interior-accessories/holden-black-manual-leather-gear-knob-2/

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

Very nice ute mate .. Came up nice after a clean. You going to get it painted? Would make the old 5.0lt feel pretty slow in comparsion. And this might help https://jhp.com.au/shop/interior-accessories/holden-black-manual-leather-gear-knob-2/

Thanks, Ill paint it myself when I get time as Im actually a painter, its really straight apart from a couple of dents on the guards so its mainly the scratches. Yeah the 5L does feel a bit slow compared to this so I might have to do something about that..

Thanks for that, will order myself one soon

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Last week I was driving to work and the oil pressure sensor died, service vehicle soon message came up and didnt think much of it until I noticed my oil pressure gauge sitting on 0. Dropped it off at the mechanics down the road from work and was fixed by the time I finished work. Also had to replace the radiator because I noticed it leaking when I serviced it. I also replaced the radiator hoses while I had it out.

Coolant is that colour because there was already some green coolant in the tub already.

I also bought a bottle of Bowdens vinyl revival for the plastic trim under the windscreen, it made a huge difference from just one go. Will probably get better if I go over it again.

and just a picture after I washed it, already filthy again from the rain today…

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

<h5 id=”js_95o” class=”_5pbw _5vra” data-ft=”{“tn”:”C”}”><span class=”fwn fcg”><span class=”fwb fcg” data-ft=”{“tn”:”;”}”>https://www.facebook.com/jason.charlton.35?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf&post_id=1337102956343433<br data-hovercard=”/ajax/hovercard/user.php?id=100001422907324&type=group_forsale&extragetparams=%7B%22hc_ref%22%3A%22NEWSFEED%22%2C%22fref%22%3A%22nf%22%2C%22directed_target_id%22%3A409447285775676%2C%22post_id%22%3A1337102956343433%7D” data-hovercard-prefer-more-content-show=”1″ /></span></span></h5>

vy ss leather gear knob perfect conditon
    $100
    Erina, New South Wales, Australia

this might help mate

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of sands vs sands vs.
    thatotherguy94
    Participant

<h5 id=”js_95o” class=”_5pbw _5vra” data-ft=”{“tn”:”C”}”><span class=”fwn fcg”><span class=”fwb fcg” data-ft=”{“tn”:”;”}”>https://www.facebook.com/jason.charlton.35?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf&post_id=1337102956343433<br data-hovercard=”/ajax/hovercard/user.php?id=100001422907324&type=group_forsale&extragetparams=%7B%22hc_ref%22%3A%22NEWSFEED%22%2C%22fref%22%3A%22nf%22%2C%22directed_target_id%22%3A409447285775676%2C%22post_id%22%3A1337102956343433%7D” data-hovercard-prefer-more-content-show=”1″ /></span></span></h5>

vy ss leather gear knob perfect conditon
    $100
    Erina, New South Wales, Australia

this might help mate

Only just saw this, im guessing its probably been sold by now, and id rather not buy from facebook, been scammed before..

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Swapped the wheels with the VS today, I like them better on this instead of the vs. Needs to be lowered though

Profile photo of CORNFED
    CORNFED
    Participant

Looking smart  :good:

agree id drop the front a smidge but leave the rear – it is a ute after all :)

so clean I’m loving it, I have to try some of the vinyl revival on mine..

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Drop both.  B-)

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Instead of lowering the ute I bought a new stereo and speakers for it, just basic head unit and speaker upgrade nothing too fancy. Was sick of not being able to plug my phone/ipod into it. Bought everything while autobarn was having a 25% off sale so worked out to be a really good price.

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Finally got the ute lowered as the rear shocks were stuffed and making a banging noise, figured id have it done at the same time. Have also had to replace the A/C compressor, Power steering return line and the water pump. Next big thing ill probably do is the clutch as I think thats on its way out..

Before

After

Profile photo of BTS666.0
    BTS666.0
    Participant

Looks good now man.

...so I said "orange ya glad I didn't say banana?"........hahahaha.....hhhmmmm...pffft.....

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Looks good now man.

Thanks!

thatotherguy94
    Participant

Havent really done much to this other then maintaining it lately which has been good, I changed the console lid to a Calais one which is surprisingly lighter then the original

I have put the stock wheels back on as the SSV’s needed tyres and I bought new wheels for the VS. I realised a queen sized bed does not fit in the back so had to borrow my parents trailer to get that up to my house. At the start of January I moved out of home and this car was useful and useless at the same time, good for taking big loads of stuff as long as it fitted under the hardlid…

and a pic from when I gave it a wash on valentines day

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

I like you thinking take the car out on valentines  :thumbs-up:

thatotherguy94
    Participant

I like you thinking take the car out on valentines

haha had to do something for it as it hadnt really had much love for a while, plus its been a year since I got it

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.