HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralTools & General Shed StuffTrolley Jacks & Hoists, what you got?

This topic contains 38 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Slow355 Slow355 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SSEN8R VS #1081
    SSEN8R VS #1081
    Participant
    Supporter

can’t believe this hasn’t been done already….

what you got, how much it cost and would you get it again? pic or links would be useful.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

have to say I have a cheap as pos I bought years ago, and its never let me down.  Maybe had it over 20 years.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

I got some Arcan one I think it is called given to me as a present, it’s a really good jack looks something like this but blue.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^ wow I like the look of that, nice :good:

Profile photo of Smitty
    Smitty
    Participant
    • Melbourne
    • GEN-F R8 SV340 HSV Tourer, VK club touring race car and Kwaka ZX12R

• View build HERE

.. I have a couple of workshop rated Armstrong jacks, a Total Tools ‘truck’ high lift jack

and an alloy low profile ARCAN jack for race days at the track

Can never have enuff good jacks  ( I stopped buying crap from Kmart years ago)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I stopped using jacks once I got my lift B-)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Omega 3T, expensive but good, even with the TuffLift Hoist it still gets a bit of use.  :yes:

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

I stopped using jacks once I got my lift

Smart Ass B-)  hahaha

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I stopped using jacks once I got my lift

Smart Ass hahaha

guilty as charged officer  :yes:

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

I got some Arcan i thInk it is called given to me as a present, it’s a really good jack looks something like this but blue.

I also have this jack but red. Its an awesome bit of gear. Twin pistons means 5 full pumps from lowest to highest. And at 2 hunge its great value. However I’m also in the market for a hoist…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.

Nothing ruins your Friday more than realising it's only Tuesday...

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

i’ve got 2, i have a Alloy Kincrome 1000kg one, but the main one i use is my Kincrome 3500kg one (Steel type),  i actually find it fits better under a lowered car, reaches under most jackpoints on the car, where i find the alloy one can be a bit short to get to, normally just out of reach.

cant remember what they cost, were a kincrome dealer at work, so normally get a very good price on them. i’d defiantly buy the 3500kg one again if i could, but now its discontinued.

1000kg alloy one i’ve only had for about a year so haven’t used it much, as the VS has been off the road before i bought it.

will get used a few times in the next month or too as start getting the VS back together.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Just thinking last night I need a new one. What I’ve been using all my life now does have the capacity to lift my cruiser off the Ground. ????

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well if everyone happy, why don’t we also add “what hoist” to the discussion?

Height

For me I have a regular height shed so I couldn’t go a a full height hoist.  I ended up buying a MaxJax.  It raises the car to 1.3m, which although you cant stand under it is great if you sit on a  wheelie stool to get in under it.  I also like the fact the pillars are movable, so I can just unscrew the 5 bolts holding it down, unplug the coupler for the hydraulic hose and wheel the post out of the way if needed.  I reckon though if you have the height def go a full height lift hoist.

2 or 4 Post

For me the main things I wanted the hoist for was to work around the wheels are, so brakes, suspension etc so a 2 poster was the go.  One day I plan on maybe getting a 4 poster so that I can keep the Senator underneath and the rod that I one day plan to build above it.

This is mine in action

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

I have this

Previously I had cheapies from K mart but I had one fall over on me, fortunately the axle stand wedged the car up just enough to let me breathe and give my boy enough time to jack the car up off me.  Took a fair while before I got under a car again and not until I got the above jack and now use multiple axle stands as extra security.

The only issue is it won’t fit under my Senator  because it’s to low.  Going to get something like this soon

That should get it high enough to jack it up.

Also considering some higher steel wheel ramps.

One day, once I get my house renovations done I’ll be looking at a hoist, something similar to what you have because it’ll be used in a garage and I won’t have enough height unless we move to a new place with a much larger man cave for me to work in.

SSEN8R VS #1081
    Participant
    Supporter

I ended up getting this one from Total Tools for $230, it does look sexier in real like. Will take another pic.

Costco do have Alcan 1800kg low profile trolley jacks for $170 but it’s $60 to be a member..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice, yep pics of it in action required :)

SSEN8R VS #1081
    Participant
    Supporter

Geez, used it, thought i would take a pic, but didn’t think to take an action shot! :wacko: next time

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

I’ve got a steel jack I bought off eBay. 3000kg lifting capacity and is 75mm-505mm. Twin pump. Long handle with padding. It’s a good jack.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Michael Michael.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Michael Michael.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

good thread all, some nice shed addtions there :)

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Well if everyone happy, why don’t we also add “what hoist” to the discussion? Height For me I have a regular height shed so I couldn’t go a a full height hoist. I ended up buying a MaxJax. It raises the car to 1.3m, which although you cant stand under it is great if you sit on a wheelie stool to get in under it. I also like the fact the pillars are movable, so I can just unscrew the 5 bolts holding it down, unplug the coupler for the hydraulic hose and wheel the post out of the way if needed. I reckon though if you have the height def go a full height lift hoist. 2 or 4 Post For me the main things I wanted the hoist for was to work around the wheels are, so brakes, suspension etc so a 2 poster was the go. One day I plan on maybe getting a 4 poster so that I can keep the Senator underneath and the rod that I one day plan to build above it. This is mine in action

Hi Gary, where did you get this from?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.