This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Imagine its the kinda thing that apart from cost, it cant be too big can it? I mean if you only ever use half its capacity ts not going to hurt it.

Yep that’s what I thought, I like having some overhead left in my equipment!

You could always mount the winch to the back of the tonner and run a couple of rollers on the trailer. :)

Had considered that at one point Chris but when I built the exhaust I moved the spare to the top of the chassis back there so there’s nowhere for it to go, that and it would mean I was dragging around more dead weight.. I’ll grab another Anderson connector and bolt a battery holder to the Trailer in case anyone else needs to use the trailer and winch..

good idea with the Anderson plug. Will make my life easier  ;-)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Imagine its the kinda thing that apart from cost, it cant be too big can it? I mean if you only ever use half its capacity ts not going to hurt it.

Yep that’s what I thought, I like having some overhead left in my equipment!

You could always mount the winch to the back of the tonner and run a couple of rollers on the trailer. :)

Had considered that at one point Chris but when I built the exhaust I moved the spare to the top of the chassis back there so there’s nowhere for it to go, that and it would mean I was dragging around more dead weight.. I’ll grab another Anderson connector and bolt a battery holder to the Trailer in case anyone else needs to use the trailer and winch..

good idea with the Anderson plug. Will make my life easier

And I’m all about that  :wacko:

Profile photo of

I’ll just chuck these in here no need to start another thread, some more bits for the LE and a Converter for the AWD Monaro as it’s coming back for a Trans build soon..

Profile photo of

Today End!

One of these things is not like the others… one of these things is not quite the same… ONE of these things RUNS!!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well, you know I love the Lexcen, but mate that Monaro does look pretty sweet.  Growing up at Elizabeth where they were made I remember as a kid when they came out, were so cool, still are, maybe more so..

Profile photo of

Had a Coupe as my first car  :XD:

have a HUGE soft spot for em, just priced out of all sanity these days.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea although it certainly looks to me like old school cars have come down a bit from the stratosphere nowadays.  Some of the prices you see quoted I am pretty sure they never actually change hands at…

Profile photo of

Don’t think I could bring myself to pay even the “reasonable” prices they’re still a joke for car that weren’t that good, If I did buy one I’d end up updating all the mechanicals anyway so it’d be a huge expensive project once done..

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant
    Profile photo of

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/projects/250978-adventra-lx8-manual-conversion.html Have you seen this mate?

Yeah I have Sands, not how I’d have done it but he seems to be happy with the result!

sands vs
    Participant

The diplomatic response  :)

sands vs
    Participant

Started to make the coil overs today thanks for the advice and tops really appreciate it. Busted out the plasma and angle grinder they are now ready for the sleeve kit. How long did it take for the sleeve kit to arrive for you from oto moto?

Profile photo of

The diplomatic response :)

Not all that diplomatic, I researched it a while back and there is a different way to do it is all..

Started to make the coil overs today thanks for the advice and tops really appreciate it. Busted out the plasma and angle grinder they are now ready for the sleeve kit. How long did it take for the sleeve kit to arrive for you from oto moto?

From memory really quickly, these days Aus Post is hit and miss so your parts may be anywhere in the State…

Had to make an 80 Km round trip yesterday so pick up a parcel that along with a full crate of other parcels had been misdirected…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/projects/250978-adventra-lx8-manual-conversion.html Have you seen this mate?

So interesting build, I like what he’s done.  Actually begs the questions, does anybody make a self contained centre 4wd transfer case? So I assume with one you could make pretty much any box combination awd?

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

So interesting build, I like what he’s done. Actually begs the questions, does anybody make a self contained centre 4wd transfer case? So I assume with one you could make pretty much any box combination awd?

Yeah, Atlas trasfer cases and the like can be installed remotely. 720 dato’s I think are factory divorced cases???

In this case the problem is actually on the gearbox side. The T56 doesn’t have a removable tail housing like the T5 & 4L60 etc boxes do.
    So that leaves 2 options, cutting the end of the box off & welding a flange to it or doing like the guy above did (which is the easiest / best way) and using a divorced transfer case.

There is a mob in the states doing ‘4×4’ T56’s but it’s cheaper to buy a new Prado!

Profile photo of

There’s a Vette Tail housing that has a flat face, an adaptor plate between it and the Transfer case and a custom M/F Coupler and the job is done without the need for the Donut coupler and the length increase…

I also question WTF if you were going to that extent you’d use that useless Open Centre Transfer Case…

Might have been ok in the BMW 325 X Drive cars it was designed for but totally useless soon as you tip some power into it..

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

There’s a Vette Tail housing that has a flat face, an adaptor plate between it and the Transfer case and a custom M/F Coupler and the job is done without the need for the Donut coupler and the length increase… I also question WTF if you were going to that extent you’d use that useless Open Centre Transfer Case… Might have been ok in the BMW 325 X Drive cars it was designed for but totally useless soon as you tip some power into it..

Depends what year Vette, the newer one use a transaxle mounted unit. So flange is great. Shifter setup, not so much. Would still be more expensive anyway. Personally I’d have extended the adapter to the split in the gearbox case with the bigger bolts.

Why use the existing unit, easy …. cost.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Why use the existing unit, easy …. cost.

Bit of fab/profile/modelling work in that one, I reckon if he was paying full tote for everything it would have added up pretty quickly.  Mind you says the guy that put around 80 hours cad work into a pair of rims :)  A good mate of mine is friends with guy near me who is/has dumped a full skyline awd system into an FJ Holden, hoping to have a look at it soon, that will be fun to see :)  Apologies for the thread diversion IJ!!

Profile photo of

No probs Gary, I welcome the diversion, on a side note the 250K Km VY Engine came through it’s leakdown test with a worst cylinder at 10% and the best at 7% so pretty happy to proceed with a freshen up and not a full rebuild!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice, +1 for lightly stressed V8’s.  That’s pretty impressive.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,101 through 1,120 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.