This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of benk
    benk
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll have to do something different as I still have the exhaust in the cutout.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

There’s a spot on the other side that could work but it would mean cutting a slot like I did in the front, not pretty for a dual purpose car..

Profile photo of benk
    benk
    Participant

Yeah mines street/track and was trying to avoid cutting slots but have resigned myself to slots front and back like your front bar

Profile photo of

The other alternative would be do it like an Adventra front Bar, they use a screw in Eye with a plastic cap to cover the hole when not in use.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^very Euro :)

Profile photo of

^very Euro :)

Funny you say that as the Hooks come from Germany and from memory were only $11!

————–

Today End!

-8 to -1 Fuel line modification… DOH car must have moved when I was playing around with the suspension last week, when I lifted it again the hoist pad was under the fuel line, got the bits this morning and remade 1 meter of it and put a joiner in.. (could have just cut out the squashed section and used 2 joiners but this is neater)

DOH #2 was hitting a Duck on the way back from the Post office and breaking the antenna off on the Tonner…

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Did the duck live lol..

Got the parts today legend!! wrapt thanks again

Profile photo of

Did the duck live lol.. Got the parts today legend!! wrapt thanks again

Nope I think he’s Ducked in a pretty big way  :XD:

Very welcome on the parts!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nope I think he’s Ducked in a pretty big way

Clearly, he didn’t duck enough by the sound of it ;-)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of

Nope I think he’s Ducked in a pretty big way

Clearly, he didn’t duck enough by the sound of it

LOL nah the one I hit last week didn’t Duck enough, got him with the number plate and bent the shit out of it, this had to be one of his Brothers that hadn’t worked out flying and turning at the same time…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Darwin would be proud.

Profile photo of

Today End!

Took the Lexcen out to recalibrate the speedo to suit the Semi Slicks, was only 5Kmh out, all done and man what a difference lowering it has made, I’d happily punt it around a road course now whereas before it was just stab it on the straights and roll around the corners with your fingers crossed!

I know a lot of this is down to the tyres but not all, well that’s it done and dusted for 2015 it’s been an interesting years of finishing and debugging this thing!

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Looks so tuff like that. It also looks like you might need to flare/roll the guards for a bit of clearance.

Profile photo of

Thanks doesn’t rub at all Nick  :XD:

I rolled the rear lips and the fronts are spaced out 30mm per side as the 275’s are bigger than the 255’s I used for spacing when I built it, it’s a bit of an optical illusion just looks like it’ll rub!

Thinking of hitting an AutoCross event in Deniliquin in early Feb before out Track day at the end of Feb, also been looking at doing the Mt Alma Mile in SA in March.

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

Thanks doesn’t rub at all Nick I rolled the rear lips and the fronts are spaced out 30mm per side as the 275’s are bigger than the 255’s I used for spacing when I built it, it’s a bit of an optical illusion just looks like it’ll rub! Thinking of hitting an AutoCross event in Deniliquin in early Feb before out Track day at the end of Feb, also been looking at doing the Mt Alma Mile in SA in March.

If you want to do Mt Alma you’ll need to get in quick, there’s been waiting lists in previous years.

Aero will probably help too :p it’s a quick steep hill.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Keep us posted if you are coming across to SA…

Profile photo of

If you want to do Mt Alma you’ll need to get in quick, there’s been waiting lists in previous years. Aero will probably help too :p it’s a quick steep hill.

Was trying to hold out to see how it goes onroad at our test/tune day in February… might be an undriveable pig under power…

Keep us posted if you come across to SA….

Will do Gary, will be over for Colingrove for sure, their dates line up with my club dates, if I find a co pilot I might head over on the Friday do Saturday at Colingrove then head back here for my Sunday meeting at my local track..

It’s just too much driving to do it all on my own though.

Profile photo of Chris (agentcrm)
    Chris (agentcrm)
    Participant
    Supporter

If you want to do Mt Alma you’ll need to get in quick, there’s been waiting lists in previous years. Aero will probably help too :p it’s a quick steep hill.

Was trying to hold out to see how it goes onroad at our test/tune day in February… might be an undriveable pig under power…

I think you’ll be well into a waiting list by then.

Profile photo of

I think you’ll be well into a waiting list by then.

Yeah if it is it’s no real drama they have another event later in the year, just a long way to come if it’s not good onroad, I’d hate to pre-enter and blow the $ if it’s a pig in February..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I’d hate to pre-enter and blow the $ if it’s a pig in February..

The way this car has been thought out and built, its more likely to be a weapon…  Be great to sit up on the hill at Collingrove watching this put through its paces.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.