This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I actually built mine with Collingrove (and Mallala) in mind, love to get my son to drive it with me in the passenger seat one day. The glide I am fitting now wont suit that though, so might have to wait until I go a manual, and maybe a removable cage. I live on the edge of the Barossa Valley not that far from Collingrove. If your looking for somewhere to stay when you come over let me know :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

I actually built mine with Collingrove (and Mallala) in mind, love to get my son to drive it with me in the passenger seat one day. The glide I am fitting now wont suit that though, so might have to wait until I go a manual, and maybe a removable cage. I live on the edge of the Barossa Valley not that far from Collingrove. If your looking for somewhere to stay when you come over let me know :)

Awesome thanks for the invite, I usually stay at my Monaro mates place but nice to have options, parking may be easier for the Tonner and Tandem as he’s in the Burbs.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

No worries, now the kids have moved out we have a fair bit of space. Slowly getting filled up with cars/projects though :)

Profile photo of

I moved to the bush about 5 years ago, bought 12 acres with a huge shed…. slowly filling it up!

And the offer is reciprocated if you ever need somewhere to stay in VIC, lots of beds and room here…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Jealous, my inlaws have 10 acres and I have a 40′ container on it, that’s got the Nash and Kombi, but they are toying with the idea of moving, if they do not sure what I will do. My shed is really nice for building a car at time, but not as storage also. My side of the family are into old ar resto, so they are no help, they are tragic hoarders :)

Profile photo of

Jealous, my inlaws have 10 acres and I have a 40′ container on it, that’s got the Nash and Kombi, but they are toying with the idea of moving, if they do not sure what I will do. My shed is really nice for building a car at time, but not as storage also. My side of the family are into old ar resto, so they are no help, they are tragic hoarders :)

LOL I really don’t get the Hoarding thing…

If it hasn’t moved in xx years it’s gone!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep I am the same, but only because of watching my family over the years :)

Profile photo of

Had a mate come here for the last 4>5 years to work on projects, he’s a hopeless hoarder and lives in a Tip of Carbage, he started doing it here and got to the point I chucked him and all his crap out in December… ex mate now..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

To me it’s just a matter of a little discipline. Sure we all want to keep everything but you can’t. Better to pass stuff on to someone else who needs it, then if you ever do need a part like that again you will find it. Seen too many “barn finds” that Actually have completely passed it, simply coz the guy didn’t want to let it go 10 years earlier when it was actually saveable. Another one to me is don’t start a resto/build until you can finish it. Again too many 90% projects end up on eBay coz people run out of time or money. Anyhow apologies for the thread diversion :).

Profile photo of

LOL if you’ve ever read any of my threads on LS1 you’ll realise they wander a bit but always get back on topic eventually!

I tend to use threads as a pseudo “Shed” being as remote as I am there aren’t many visitors here..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Lol, remote shed, I like that, think of Cp as that chat you have to the guy alongside you at the Repco counter waiting to pick up a new oil filter :)

Profile photo of

Not much going on here for the rest of the week, the holidays screwed up some deliveries I’m waiting on and I have to head to Melbourne tomorrow to collect some Aluminium sheet for the interior work…

Profile photo of

Profile photo of

Profile photo of

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Apologies for the dumb ass questions btw, but I am very new to the LS world, so far my engines been essentially stock crate so I haven’t done too much with it (yet). I assume the large toothed disc at the rear of the crank is the reluctor wheel? Are the 24 & 58 the same size essentially, just with different tooth count? I am currently running the Lingenfelter converter, but if the engine is ever out I plan on swapping it. By the look of it you have to pull the crank entirely out to do it?

Btw not thinking of a split timing case? Makes cam swaps way easier.

Profile photo of

Not dumb ass questions at all Gary!

See the pic below it’s the 58T Reluctor I fitted to the 5.7L VX Clubbie engine I put into the Tonner after I pulled the Blown 6.6L!

I dressed it up with a full Gen4 Electronics package DBW, Injectors, Front CPS and an LS2 Cam and have been running it on a stock L98 tune.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Perfect, never really taken any notice of one before, cheers for that. All goes into the memory bank :)

Profile photo of

Missed the line about the split timing case, I don’t really intend to ever change the Cam, the package has more than enough power for the end use and I’m pretty happy with the LS9 cam’s manners!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

That thing sure will boogie that’s for sure. Whats sort of gauges you going to run in this car? Autometer or something like a motel dash?

i ask because if it’s like an autometer where u need to instal a sender. Machine ur self up a tee piece and run it from the factory location at the back of the inlet manifold. That will give u the most accurate readings.

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.