This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Feel free to post a link to your other build thread buddy, we have no issues with linking to other sites and stuff. Of course would prefer you to be an exclusive CP member though… ha ha

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970
    Profile photo of

Well it’s not as pretty as the new seat but if anyone is silly enough to get in for a ride it’ll keep em safe!

Due to the older design and the Transfer case hump in the way I had to totally rethink the seat mounts, also mounted the B&M Ratchet Shifter, nice bit of gear now it’s bolted down!

Poor Mans Sequential.

Profile photo of KAL SPL
    KAL SPL
    Participant

Shotgun :)

Profile photo of

Brave Man!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Brave Man!

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity ha ha

Profile photo of

Brave Man!

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity ha ha

LOL I wouldn’t get in this thing with someone like me driving!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I reckon Kal might blur that line anyways :)

Hey mate have you got any more info on those spiral mufflers your using, what are they, how do they work. Any idea what sort of dB attenuation you expect from them and how much power they rob?

Profile photo of

I reckon Kal might blur that line anyways :) Hey mate have you got any more info on those spiral mufflers your using, what are they, how do they work. Any idea what sort of dB attenuation you expect from them and how much power they rob?

Don’t have any hard numbers just got them as recommended by Darren at Difillipo’s, seemingly they’re very popular in the race scene due to the Power to Noise ratio.

Think of an Auger in a piece of pipe, very light and compact compared to a traditional muffler and reasonable affordable, as a comparison the Lex system cost me $400 in materials compared to $1200 for the one I built for the Tonner.

I’ve left room in the system for another pair if they don’t meet the track 95Db limit.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thanks, they look like a very nice bit of kit. 94dB you luck bugger, I have to hold 90 for rego. In the end I went to a stock 2 into 1, 2.5″ system with dyna cones, but once its through I really would like to go and revisit my original twin 3″ idea with rear Varex, these might just be what I was looking for. Cheers for that.

Profile photo of

Profile photo of

Thanks, they look like a very nice bit of kit. 94dB you luck bugger, I have to hold 90 for rego. In the end I went to a stock 2 into 1, 2.5″ system with dyna cones, but once its through I really would like to go and revisit my original twin 3″ idea with rear Varex, these might just be what I was looking for. Cheers for that.

No probs, once it’s running and tested I’ll let you know the results!

Profile photo of

Rear Hub adaptors, never been a big fan of the Holden IRS as there’s just far too much camber change on a long travel car, I decided to build my own and instead of making new Uprights I just used a front Adventra pair and made adaptors so I can use rear hubs and handbrake.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

You doing the milling and turning yourself?

Profile photo of

You doing the milling and turning yourself?

Yep I have a reasonable home machine shop here, it pays when you live in the middle of no where.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Cool, I have a little baby lathe, but always wanted a mill. For what i need probably a smaller drill mill, tbh probably not skilled enough to drive a bridgeport. Love your work mate, very cool what you are able to do it all yourself, and at such a good level, once you have scared the crap out of Kal shotgun second ride :)

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary,

Pretty much do it all here, I built the Engine and Trans, made the headers, about the only things I didn’t do were the machine work on the Block and the Roll Cage as it’s just not economically viable to do one offs of those.

Mine is just a Bridgeport Clone that I retro fitted with CNC Controls about a decade ago, rarely use it these days but it’s handy to have, I also have a medium Centre Lathe with a DRO and it gets a lot of use, have TIG and MIG a Plasma cutter and various other toys, they keep me out of trouble in my retirement years!

LOL you may just get your Ride, Collingrove is on my list of events to attend.

Profile photo of

Vegg day today, went out and pumped some water up to the header tank as it’s meant to rain here the next few days, also measured up for some of the tin work for the Lexcen and will order it tomorrow.

With any luck the 6 deliveries I’m waiting on will arrive tomorrow and I can get a bit more done..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

LOL you may just get your Ride, Collingrove is on my list of events to attend.

Sat at the base of Collingrove as a 7 or 8 year old watching Stan Keen in an Elfin F5000 set the record there, 30.4 if my memory serves me correct, then my two brothers and sister and I got Stan to sign each of our hats. Great days, my dad was a great hill climb fan :) Small world!!

Profile photo of

The guy I built the AWD Monaro for ran it there and won the King of the Hill trophy for the day!

I’m really looking forward to running there, was going to do an event in the Tonner before I pulled the drivetrain but it didn’t work out due to a dead Trans a week before…

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.