This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

This topic contains 2,648 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,621 through 2,640 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Class I run is Pretty much open Frazer, already sussed out I can reuse the Lexcen cage with a few small mods, I thought about building a buggy it would have been awesome but I’m more a tin top guy

Tin Top you and me both I like a roof and shit around me

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

My main competition in my class is an AWD buggy that uses a big bore bike engine, it’s fast and light.

Profile photo of

15kg of body deadening gone, after lunch I’ll roll it outside and pressure wash it inside and out.

Profile photo of

The one man moving rig worked a treat, my Gerni shit itself just before the final rinse .. doh.

25 years of Human Filth, rat shit and piss are gone  B-)

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Awesome Ian Let the fab work begin

Profile photo of

Thanks Frazer, still have to wait for the Donor car to become available  ;-)

Quick trip to Bendigo to replace the Gerni!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looking good mate, as the others have said you sure work fast.  Looks great though!!

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, I almost feel bad Low Balling the seller as hard as I did, guess it was always his option to say no, it’s actually mint and only has minor damage on the lower part of the rear 1/4 just behind the passengers door!

A couple of weeks till my last event in the Fat Bitch then I can start in earnest, I’m prepping a mates race car at the moment so that’s keeping me busy.

Profile photo of

Busy couple of days helping getting a couple of cars ready for the upcoming Tarmac events, have fiddled around with the BMW a bit, stripped the roof deadener pads out and scraped the bulk of the adhesive off, also started ordering some parts  :yes:

Last event for the Fat Bitch this weekend then I get stuck in!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I gathered you must have been occupied given no posts.  Well, I for one am sad to the old Lexcen go, but also excited to see what the mechanical package will be like in a smaller/lighter shell.  I also really enjoy watching your custom solutions, as I am sure it’s not going to be just drop it in the new shell and go…  Good luck with the event mate, have fun!!

Profile photo of

Also a little sad but it’s been a great learning experience and the base car is pretty much worthless anyway so no real loss.

Selling the drivetrain from the BMW means I’m actually ahead on the changeover at this point, that will change given I’m updating a few systems and the basic layout to incorporate what I’ve learnt in the past 3 years of competition.

I’m surprised to be as enthused as I am given its going to be a big job but the build has always been as much fun as the end result to me..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

but the build has always been as much fun as the end result to me..

100% in agreement with this!!

Profile photo of

This is actually a fun project as all the hard stuff is done, I’m sure that will bite me in the arse along the way but there “shouldn’t” be too many gotya’s in this one!

Profile photo of

Near Nude BMW  ;-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

What is the starting weight with this, and what do you think you have removed so far?

Profile photo of

Started at 1133kgs, I stripped out the interior but left the dash AC and the driver’s seat and it was 1020kg, I’ll reweigh the shell now is empty, I’m guessing 2to 300 kg lighter than the Lexcen shell at this point.

I’m in Wodonga for my last event in the Fat Bitch this weekend then into it!

Profile photo of

Race weekend wrap up!

Back when I went to pickup the BMW I hit something on the edge of the road with the trailer, it flattened the rim and leaked all the air of out the tyre, because it’s load sharing axles I didn’t realize till I got to a Mates place and he pointed it out, the beauty of steel wheels is you beat them back into shape put air in and it’s all good..

Fast Forward to loading up on Friday and that tyre was flat again, thought bugger it might have nipped the tyre, got ready to put a tube in it and had a thought, wondered if it had flattened the inside of the wheel as well, pulled it off and yep, hit with hammer air it up and check for leaks, none, put it on the trailer only to notice the valve stem was leaking DOH , replace that and off I went!

Side trip to Winton to watch the cars for a bit and wander around the pits then off to Wodonga, HOT DAMN HOT, Clare and Mark arrived around 11:30, Saturday morning off to the track for day #1, bit skatey so tweaked the car and got it as good as it was getting, got some reasonable Laps in but damn hot again!

We finished up and headed back to the cabin then straight into the Pool, core temp came down really quickly and felt great, Off to the Tavern for Dinner and to catch up with some of the other Members, great meal then back to the cabin and sleep!

Day #2 rinse repeat, while the car behaved mostly other than some Tard dropping the fuel pressure in the last month or two for some unremembered reason causing it to be lean on day #1, a quick tweak on the pressure Reg sorted that but meant it was pig rich for day #2 but was making awesome power…. until I got the Low Fuel warning on what was my last Lap…

60L of fuel gone… just like magic ;)

Loaded up then off to Hungry Jacks for lunch, left there and headed to the Bohms to check out the new Rally Car then over to Bendigo and grabbed dinner and fuel as I’d been playing Fuel Lotto the whole way across, left Shep with it showing empty in 70 Km’s it’s a 120km trip, got the extra low fuel warning as I came into Bendigo itself, wasn’t worried as I had a full Jerry can I didn’t put into the Fat Bitch..

Fueled up grabbed an Oreo Icecream and headed home, unloaded put everything away and had a “moment” as I shut down the Fat Bitch for what is the last time it runs…

Normally I’m not sentimental about Cars as they’re just “things” but this is/was my first Race Car and we’ve been through as LOT in the last 3 years, it’s been a great learning experience and it’s been the icebreaker in meeting a lot of great friends so it was a bit sad….

But if nothing else the weekend’s racing has confirmed I’ve made the correct choice and the compromises I made when I built it mean it’ll never be any better than it is right now and it’s seriously lacking in a few critical areas, so onward to better things!

Guess the small upside is one of the Local’s I’d met last year came back and while chatting I said about the new plans, he asked what I was doing with the Shell, I said it’s going to scrap soon as it’s stripped, he wants it so we’ve sorted getting it there via Sean when he goes back to collect Max’s tricycle :D

730 Km’s of transit 2 days in the race car I’m a bit tired but happy!

All in all a great weekends racing had a lot of fun thanks to everyone involved!

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

One door closes. Another opens.

Bigger and better. I mean. Smaller and better.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Agree with Cav, and I am a little sad too.  I am not surprised at all you are a little sentimental, as it’s not the lump of metal its the memories of what you did with it.

Look forward to the Eurotrash build, well, as a BM owner kinda know that’s not exactly true…  Onwards and upwards!!

Profile photo of

Some great memories for sure Gary!

——————————————–

Last event for the Fat Bitch..

Wodonga Vids going up :)

Missed my fastest run due to a brain fart and forgetting to start the GoPro… lost a few others during the weekend..

https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=IanJmk3

Viewing 20 posts - 2,621 through 2,640 (of 2,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.