This topic contains 134 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jlss jlss 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Hey guys not much to update just took the family for a lil drive this weekend went out for lunch. And the first time my lil one has been in my car since she was born and she was great slept most of the trip. I got some pics just to show off the anthracite grey.

also found a couple rattles in the passenger door which il attend to one day.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I just love anthracite.  At times it looks grey like yours, others black, other times purple/black.  Just beautiful mate.

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Well guys havent updated for a while so at the moment slipping clutch is totally sucking at the moment sorced a new flywheel and organic single plate clutch from sunbury brakes for 650 so that is going to be the first thing to sort out and for that price i think thats not bad. Been looking at a t56 conversion too seeing as my brother just brought a magnum to go into his ute. And his normal t56 is sitting in his shed atm?????  :good:   :good:

Oh ive slowly been sorting out a cold air intake going for some nice polished bits of alli tube into a box in the wiper box corner thinking a plastic box but not 100% yet. Those mace boxes are overpriced i think. So i thought why not have a go.

Still have to sort out a proper catch can. Can smell fumes after an hour of driving. Thinking of battery to boot and putting a big 4 litre catch can there.

Then i want to get her retuned.

Been real busy lately so havent been able to drive it at all and havent had 5 mins to myself. And havent had much coin all been going on bills lately. But tax time is coming up??? :-)   :-)

oh and my odometre stopped ha ha it doesnt end. Probley forgot something too. :yahoo:   :yahoo:  got to love it.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Oh ive slowly been sorting out a cold air intake going for some nice polished bits of alli tube into a box in the wiper box corner thinking a plastic box but not 100% yet. Those mace boxes are overpriced i think. So i thought why not have a go.

Why not have a go for sure.  Keep us posted how it tuns out.  Sucks about the other problems but just sorta goes with the territory with owning a car with big HP I guess.

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Looks great  :yes:

I’ve fallen in love with boost since I got my missus her supercharged Calais.  Boosting my Senator one day would be awesome.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Immortality Immortality. Reason: spelling
    Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Cheers immortality. My plan is ive got the whipple for down the track as well as having a bit of fun now but the big plan is a 355 cuber and jam some more boost into it. But first iron out all the wrinkles.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>My new little girl is getting most of my attention now so only tinkering when ive got the time.</p>

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

:good: Hey guys looking at clutches lately for the t5 and im tossing up between these any help would be awesome?? Cheers

1. a sunbury brakes kit with a heavy duty assembly and organic plate and a new billet lightened flywheel apparently these clutch kits are hsv spec so 10.5 inch (apparently) .5 inch larger? Around $640.

2. Xtreme heavy duty with organic plate rated to 1050kg clamp load. $385

and 3. A heavy duty exedy kit with organic plate. Rated to 1100kg clamp load. $385 Now im a little dissapointed in my last exedy which was a heavy duty and that only lasted me less than 2000kms due to not much driving in the last 8 months and the whipple going on.

did look at npc but they were just interested in selling me a cushion button. Didnt want my t5 going off like a grenade though so thats a no.

didnt end up getting the brothers t56 either. He ended up selling it. So now just making do and getting the car drivable. Ive been doing some bits and pieces so updates soon. :yahoo:   :good:

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey mate I recently replaced my clutch with the Extreme kit (Check my thread if you want) and it has been great!

If you want I can price you up on one, I’m pretty sure I could beat $385 even with freight.

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Hey guys just thought id put this up think it might be a head gasket. But not sure probley call my mechanic monday. This aint good though.

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Hey after a lil bit of research im pretty sure its condensation. Just cleaned it off and their isnt no white smoke coming out of the exhaust so i think im safe. Also started polishing my intake pipe too and thanks kroozer. Might look into it a little more though.  Cheers :good:

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Hey all so gave it a nice run today just out the shed and all seems good. Checked over the valve covers took the drivers side off just to make sure no burnt coolant was sitting there.

Through the week i got some carbon fibre wrap too and had a go at doing my centre console. Turned out pretty good i thought had to join a lil bit on the side of the handbrake though everything else went pretty sweet. Easy to manipulate with some heat. Thinking of doing my inserted dash piece next.

Also got my pieces of alli tube in so had a little time to myself today to give the elbow a bit of a polish. Took a while, wet and dry sandpaper too 1500. It takes ages polishing stuff but it looks cool sucks when its scratched though.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Mate carbon console looks great, nice work.

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Well guys making a lil progress this week picked up my plastic i ordered from access plastics and started making my cold air intake box up.

Its turned out alright so far only had a few hours on it.

[/URL

all the plastic has cover over it so dont think its brown. Ha Ha.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Very neat.  Nice work :good:

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

:good: Hey guys thinking how a hdt ve h scoop would look on the front of the bonnet any help either photoshop or your opinions would be awsome. Thanks cheers :good:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Post it up in here mate, less chance of it getting overlooked :)

Photoshop

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

Cheers gary will look at it over the next few days see if someones up for it.

Today got my new xtreme clutch kit so hopefully get that sorted this weekend. Had to take a picture always fun getting new bits.

:yahoo: :good:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

+1 new bits rock :)

Profile photo of jlss
    jlss
    Participant

<del></del><del></del>Well guys had a little bit of progress today polished all my alli bits and nearly finished my cold air box. Not sure about it yet. Its only my first attempt. Thinking about a improved one already. Intake noise has defiantly decreased too which is great.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I reckon I could just about design and 3D print one for you.  Could probably design it to take an inset clear panel into the top to achieve the look you have.  What you have done looks good though.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.