This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Marzella Marzella 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Firstly I’m talking about V7ysi blowen Holden 355 stroker

im sure this will lead into LS talk as well witch is fine as they take same plugs I believe but behave slightly different

who has used non resistor pulgs with efi ?? Did it cause any issues ?

Goin to try 8 heat range but seams all are none resistor when goin this cold

Right now iv got BR7EFS in it

goin to try race plugs NGK R5671-a-8 as I want a none projected tip

if you where N/A in a full on race engine and wanted the projected tip I know others using

NGK R5724-8

Profile photo of Marzella
    Marzella
    Participant

Im running non-resistor BP7EFS’s in my turbo 355. Yes projected tip. Runs fine with haltech efi, don’t get any radio noise through my stereo or anything like that either.

E85 and 0.8mm gap.

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah cool as

there is nothing saying projected tip is right or wrong with boost, lots do it

I have a had projected tips in myn as well and didnt notice any difference at all and worked perfectly well

are you running MSD 8.5mm super conductor leads?

All i have read that where using these and non resistor plugs had no problems at all, couple others have had issues with serial cable while tuning with lap top and eradic idles but not sure what leads they where using, had never heard of the brand before

believe ver some have had coils stuff out as well

Marzella
    Participant

Just running the genuine bosch leads

Profile photo of Narva*2010
    Narva*2010
    Participant
    Supporter

Have you looked at the Autolites Manta?

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

No I have never looked at autolites

would have to search there parts to find a 8 heat range, to suit Holden engines and in a non protruding tip

Narva*2010
    Participant
    Supporter

I use a non projected 7 for EFI heads.  I assume they make colder plugs.  They made a fair bit of difference to cold start and idle on E85.

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Iv been looking and it would appear auto light is absolutely f#cked for trying to find a parts list with the relevant info to there plugs to choose a set

Only thing I can do is find a parts reference to find comparable plug to another company’s part number

that’s shit, it gives me the same auto light plug (103) for comparsion of  NGK tr6 plugs and br7efs

2 very different plugs, different heat and ones projected and one isn’t

I want to see there list of plugs so I can pick one and after using

them either choose a set hotter or colder depending on the plugs condition

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Ok so still having trouble finding a list of there plugs but am getting there slowly

iv found AR474 witch is in the racing plug section

so thats equilevent to b8efs In NGK terms

so 14mm thread

5/8 hex head

0.704 reach

equilvent to 8 heat range in NGK language

and a non projected tip

non resistor

only thing I go I can find in a 7 heat range comparable is 103

thats got a projected tip though, the ar474 is the hottest of the racing plugs and has 2 colder plugs but I really really doubt I will need any colder then the ar474

problem is 7-8 heat range is where it bounces from resistor to none resistor so they are listed in different sections

what  autolite plug part number is it that you are using narva that is resistor, none projected and equilvent to 7 heat range to NGK ratings ?

All i I can find 103

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of vs manta 218 vs manta 218.
    Narva*2010
    Participant
    Supporter

Morning Manta,

Initial advice I received was to try:

From Micron Engineering…

NGK – R5671A-8
    AutoLite – AR3934 (My preference)
    Champion – C61CX (My second preference)

These are all around the 8 range.  But….  I am just about to put my engine back in after some upgrades and my machiner / engine guy (absolute guru) put a variety of plugs in my heads (Yella Terra -9’s) and told me to ditch the Autolites.  They were too short.  The electrodes were actually around a 1/4 inch recessed into head, ie not protruding into the chambers. Luckily I was using a 7 amp MSD system which pretty much lights anything.

He suggested (and trial fitted with heads off) a tapered seat plug like NGK BP7EFS. They also come in 8’s.  I’m not sure if this is an issue particular to YT or would apply to all EFI heads.

The the initial plug advice was received by another pretty switched on bloke.  Not sure if this helps you too much Manta.  The above plugs recommended are all EFI plugs, 8 range, non projected and non resistor.  I guess you can only try them and look at the plugs after trials

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Narva*2010 Narva*2010.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Narva*2010 Narva*2010.
    Narva*2010
    Participant
    Supporter

Not sure what’s going on with the above garbage.  I can in box if it’s too hard to read or you can buzz me

vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

The above happens when logged in on multiple devices

Samsung phone and apple hate each other, if you have short cuts on your home screen on both devices that are already logged in delelte them both then create short cuts that are of the forum that are not logged in, and if you go from one to the other make sure you close the page down

I get it some times

now I know exactly what your talking about and I was wondering the same as Holden heads are ment to be 3/4 inch length but it seams racing plugs from either company don’t come in this and are 0.708 thou witch is about 1.2mm short

i have in ngk in none projected tip the options of

b8efs

br7efs

only difference is the 8 is none resistor witch in 8 is normal

Marzella
    Participant

Now that your feeding a bit of boost into it, curious how your going with plugs now? What you end up running?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.