HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLSouthRidge VK Calais V8 Supercharged

This topic contains 30 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

It’s looking pretty sharp mate, you have certainly put a lot of hard yards into it. Now its time to enjoy!’

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Mate looks bloody awesome, especially given you did it yourself!!  Funny thing is whatever you do, you always can look back and see something you may have done better.  But who cares, drive it, enjoy it, have fun in it.  Cars are for driving not hiding :)

Profile photo of SouthRidge
    SouthRidge
    Participant

Cheers guys, well i took the advise and drove it on a 100k return trip to the ferny creek car show with no problems along the way. Me and a chev powered vh were there amongst some real nice classics

Looking forward to now going to the Garfield car show this sunday coming

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of SouthRidge SouthRidge.
    Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Good to see it had no issues. Always nice to cruze and show off your hard work.

Profile photo of vkcala
    vkcala
    Participant

Was that Avocado in its previous life? Do you have any interior if so? Cheers

SouthRidge
    Participant

Yes it was Avacado green. Sadly i sold the interior when i had no storage options.
    It was the light tan/beige interior.

SouthRidge
    Participant

Finaly got a set of sawblades 17 x 8.5. Always wanted them wayback when there was no hdt 19s. These are cast alloy with chrome finish. I plan to get them striped and the face machined then paint the inner blades black to give them that 80s style. For now though ill run them as is…  who wants to see me attempt to fit the rears with the 285 tread still on… wont happen but  a good laugh. Great thing is if i ever decide to go wider with a mini tub on the rear the sawblades came out in 8.5-9.5 and even 11 wide. I have a set of 235s i should be able to stretch over them for now and hopefully get the right bolt on offset.

SouthRidge
    Participant

Well i figured it was worth a shot. And hey they actualy fit… just. The chrome is nice but id rather the machined look.

Profile photo of TUFGMH
    TUFGMH
    Participant
    Supporter

Look great, but the die-hards will have a heart attack due to the fins facing the wrong way lol.

SouthRidge
    Participant

So, long time no updates right. There is a good reason for that…   I sold the VK.

I’ll start where it all began.

I was faced with a situation where I had to move on with the VK. My wife said to me that she would never let our son ride in it nor she because it wasn’t safe enough. Its a highly valid point with the modern safety features of cars today.

At first I was depressed having pored so much personal time into this car and knowing it was highly likely that it was the last car I would build up by my self. I had to look at the bright side, it was going to free up time for other things. So I waited for the right buyer that was going to take it to another level, a level that I could never afford. As far as I know its been mini tubed by the current owner at the moment with a drive line rebuild keeping the original trans and block.

After selling ALL the spare parts I had accrued over many years, the amount saved away had summed up nicely.

So I decided to get 2 vehicles to replace it. First a daily driver that safe and cheap to run, the second a fun road registered track car with the only time spent upgrading the drivetrain and refining rather then spending time repairing and restoring.

VE SII SV6 LPG
    V2 Monaro CV6

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Well, sad to see the VK go, but that is a nice little consolation prize you have there….

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.