HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralDrivelinesolid rear axle pinion oil seal leaking

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wayne wayne 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LF24
    LF24
    Participant
    Supporter

I thought id throw this up hear instead of my build thread.

I had my diff fully rebuilt and a 4wd systems mechanical lokka installed around 6 months ago.  In that time ive had some serious axle tramp issues, especially bad in the wet.  Last month i crawled under the rear end for a regular inspection and found that i had diff oil leaking from the front of the diff.  Its been sprayed in a centrifugal fashion over my exhaust and the underbody of the ute.  My best guess is its coming out past the pinion oil seal.

Now the weird/funny thing is, over the last month that ive noticed this happening the diff oil level has barely moved.  Im starting to think that the oscillation from the axle tramp is causing the pinion oil seal to be squeezed and then released causing oil to get past.  OR  im heating the diff oil up to much at the track and my breather is clogged and its expanding and thats the only place to escape.

Anyways im a little confused and wondering if anyone has experienced or heard of anything similar?

Profile photo of wayne
    wayne
    Participant

Slightly off topic but are you happy with the lokka diff centre?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.