HomeForumsGeneralThe Pool RoomSo…. Looks like the final nail has gone into the SC forum coffin

This topic contains 44 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vkbt1
    Vkbt1
    Participant

All that info commodorenut supplied over all those years  :cry:  what a waste no one could save it. I was using sc just recently to help build my aero project and now it’s gone  :’-(

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

All that info commodorenut supplied over all those years  

He was a legend

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Up until the VNSS forum died he was still quite active one that and very reachable.

Im spewing I  never saved his number.  :facepalm:

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

Shame if it were not for sc would never of done my ute!!

Fb is useless, any one can be an expert on there. The forums are more personal and you know who is an expert and who thinks they are.

yea Jc is strange as in you get a ban for even mentioning another forum. Useless for tec info tho

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

I don’t know, I’ve mentioned other forums and steered users where to get the best info without any issues at all.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Guess I dont have to wonder when my car will be featured anymore if that mag is dead.

Car culture is very different now sadly not as much helpfull knowledge/peeps around let alone people building their own cars. Also feel dodgy operators & moronic politicians killed the car industry.

Profile photo of OZ38
    OZ38
    Participant

All that info commodorenut supplied over all those years

He was a legend

Yes sadly he will be missed with his always expert inputs. The guy could have his own site with his knowledge base.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Car culture is very different now sadly not as much helpfull knowledge/peeps around let alone people building their own cars. Also feel dodgy operators & moronic politicians killed the car industry.

You can also thank morons like Tracy Grimshaw and the way they portray us car enthusiasts.

Profile photo of Vkbt1
    Vkbt1
    Participant

Profile photo of Vkbt1
    Vkbt1
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Fark pic didn’t work. Well basically just went onto the sc face palm page and people have been asking where has the forum gone. They pretty much said it has been dead for years and said to go onto other forums like jc or this forum. Looks like people have been getting ripped of with subscriptions to mag also. Lucky I stopped mine years ago  :yahoo: </p>

Profile photo of vt6banger
    vt6banger
    Participant
    Supporter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

The info is still out there in cyber land, once something is posted online it is there for eternity on servers that keep copies of everything.   Just a bit harder to find.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

It is a shame had a page booked marked on a vk tubed went to look last week … and gone :-( :cry:

your right Gary about posting I’m going to try and post more I just thought the smallest update isn’t worth it but I suppose if it keeps the forum alive

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

The last 2 or 3 times Iv had a look on there in the last year or so I have been the only member online at that time

Profile photo of Slow355
    Slow355
    Participant

Activity is what keeps it alive, eve if its rubbish activity no one wants to post if no one will reply etc just commodores is very busy so i dont think forums are dead. Over moderating can kill the forums and lack of people with knowledge. Vn ss forum died as well i think because all they cared about was fb

munch munch ls1s for lunch
    Best 1/4 mile 13.1@105mph 60ft-1.8sec Reaction time .8 sec 0/100-4.8sec

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

no one wants to post if no one will reply etc 

That’s actually very true.  Its why I pretty much make a post on my cars fb page at the same time as here, the positive of fb is I pretty much immediately get replies and some discussion, whereas on the forum its not unusual for silence. Everything has its place.  When we started here I also started the CP fb page, but really there is a bizzilion car related fb pages I think its hard to cut through the chatter.  Members and activity make forums, if people don’t participate, it will wither and die, just how it is.

vt6banger
    Participant
    Supporter

The info is still out there in cyber land, once something is posted online it is there for eternity on servers that keep copies of everything.   Just a bit harder to find.

Street commodore say all the forum info is gone. Links show up on searches but the pages are dead. A lot of lost info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vt6banger
    Participant
    Supporter

Double post

Profile photo of Dan811
    Dan811
    Participant
    Supporter

My main gripe with JC is there seem to be no real experts in the areas I make queries who have experience, so a decent technical question gets zero response. That, and the allowance for members to ask the same questions over and over again (eg. Will VE SS wheels fit my VT Commy?) even though there is usually a thread 3 below theirs. I have been a member of most forums for the past 13yrs, so I am at the point of pretty much knowing what I need to know and rarely need to make a query.

This^^ there are forums for those who only just learnt what a socket set is, or wonder why they can’t fit 22 inch wheels on their slammed vt.

And then there’s people who designed and fabricated their suspension from scratch (IJ) or fit an LSX454 into a VR Senator and got it completely legalised and engineered…

I just searched latest posts and found this

Atlas Grey VQ Statesman 304

people having a conversation about pros and cons of boring/stroking a holden block certain ways and it’s capacity limitations etc. Conversations like that don’t exist much these days :(

To those of us that have spent more time under our cars than we have in them, those conversations are much more valuable.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Dan811 Dan811.
    Profile photo of TUFGMH
    TUFGMH
    Participant
    Supporter

Commonut is fairly active on another forum which seems to fit him nicely. He lives locally and has been helpful trading parts for knowledge lol. Not a bad bloke either.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.