This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gtrboyy gtrboyy 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Some old pics thought were lost…car looks unfinished so guessing early 2000

It ran a best of 13.1 with wild triple webbered 202/m20/3.9 bango with 13″ sprintmasters…broke everything from rear of flywheel to diff housing.

It was fairly quick street racer,did monster skids & cool cruiser for a 18yr old kid to build up from rolling shell mid 90’s

Rather than bulletproof driveline then aim for 12’s it was easier to buy low mileage efi 5litre  & go retrotech.

It got 195i/getrag/3.9 lsd borgwarner,au fans,330mm disc/twin piston + rear vs discs & my first car to get mini-tubs/coil-overs… rolled on 18″ Granges.

It was also how I ended up with gtrboyy username

• This topic was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of gtrboyy gtrboyy.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Man that brings back memories, I had an LC GTR too.  Mine had a 192, with triple Strombergs off an XU1 though.  That’s beautiful, was it engineered with the 5L?

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

In 6cyl guise car had decent amount of xu1 gear in it including lj xu1 bathurst head…heavily ported which de-valued it greatly,the xu1 head & webbers + tax returns help fund the v8 build.

Engineering became a nightmare was just too hard to get cars passed at the time.Political BS.

Before I got tubbed sle was very close to buying rough 350 chev engineered lj gtr

Did get caught driving it covered in dust,no bonnet,no exhaust,stockers on back late one night….

Most memorable car I’ve had & way too many stories about it.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of gtrboyy gtrboyy.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^love it

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Lightened flywheel it had..still got all my toes

Engine was a QL block taken from an ex-taxi..read David Vizard books then attempted whatever I could as holden parts were almost free & plentiful.

Basically how it looked in v8 cruiser mode for several years before hibernation.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.