This topic contains 220 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of capssy capssy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Anymore thoughts on your wheels? How about the OM Simmons? I do like those ones you had photo shopped, they look awesome on the Big Red Camaro if you know the car.

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

Im thinking  the forgelines  at the moment  nice looking wheel  just need to pick up some overtime to pay for them haha selling  the frs should  offset  the  cost a little but im not sure what id get for them with the one piece versions  now if i could get 3 k id be happy  never been driven  on yet :scratch:

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

And on the oms i do like them but biggest  the go is an 18 won’t  clear  my brakes and im really  digging the step dish on the forgelines

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

Also considering making  a strut brace like the one pictured  ive got the dimple dies just need to order the alloy any thoughts

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of capssy capssy.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

I think all those holes might make it look like there is a bit to much going on IMO, and think just a conventional one highly polished would suit much better  :good:

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

And on the oms i do like them but biggest the go is an 18 won’t clear my brakes and im really digging the step dish on the forgelines

http://www.simmonswheels.com.au/wheels.php?series=simmons-om-series

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

Didnt realize  they went that big now but i still prefer  the forgelines  i just like the track car stance they give as opposed  to the oms  more of a show street  wheel  the forgelines  are also a bit lighter simmons have allways  been a heavy wheel but thanks for the link i think ive sold myself  on the forgelines  tho

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

All good mate, just some suggestions. The Forgelines do look real tough/racy as you say, i reckon a set on the SL/E with silver centres would look good. Interested to see how they look on a commodore. Any idea on when you’ll have them?

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

Ive got to put an order  in but i want to get the  car on the road first

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

bit of an update finished all he stainless started installing the interior and finishing up the wiring car is now mechanicaly 90% done and i finally drove it under is own power for the forst time in 4 years didnt go far one shed to another but im stocked :yahoo:

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

Must be an awesome feeling to drive it again after so long. The build is a credit to you. The amount of detail is amazing. Keep the updates coming!

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Looking good mate.

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

thanks gents its getting there slowly

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

updates  :yahoo:  wiring is now totally finished relay rail etc are in interior is reinstalled i started giving it a bit of a detailnow just working everything out with the engineer also contemplating on what to do with the boot suggestions??

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of capssy capssy.
    Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

Profile photo of hally
    hally
    Participant

Tidy job on the wiring mate. It’s an inspiring build, encouraged me to spend some time in the garage myself this weekend!

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

thanks mate messy wiring annoys the crap out of me glad to see i can be of some help haha :good:

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Looking bloody sweet mate! You would have to almost taste it, its getting close  :yahoo:

Profile photo of capssy
    capssy
    Participant

Thanks mate and ive got some awsome news engineer came out for what was supposed to be the first inspection and  he signed it off straight  away so guess whos legal now   :yahoo:   B-)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Epic wiring job mate. Looks fantastic.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 221 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.