This topic contains 124 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

I have spent some time on this thing over the weekend. It’s in a bit of a sad state at the moment, covered in a thick layer of dust, no front bar, flat rear tyre and the interior in pieces. But it be back to it’s old self once I have finished.

Tight fit for the wiring to fit through but it does fit.

Got the gauges sitting in place while I wire them up. Ran 5 wires into the engine bay through the engine loom, that way you don’t see them. It was a hard task getting them through that firewall grommet but got there in the end. Drilled and tapped the manifold for coolant temp gauge sensor and oil filter sandwich plate for pressure and temp senders. Loom all taped up so it looks like it was never apart.

Just have to wire up 2 relays inside the car for gauges and wire up the thermo fan high switch and transcooler fan switch too. Then I need to mount the trans cooler and run the lines to the trans, just waiting on a mate to lend me his nutsert gun so I can fit the mount to the car and the cooler to the mount. Slowly getting there, I tend to take my time with these things and maybe over think things sometimes  :-) . But once it’s done I know I’ll be happy with it at least for now.

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

A little over 2 and a half years since an update. Not much has happened but slowly working through mounting the trans cooler. Mounting brackets made, just waiting on some fasteners for the fan. Getting there bit by bit.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of NickVR NickVR.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of NickVR NickVR.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Any progress is good progress buddy!!

Profile photo of NickVR
    NickVR
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah, that’s it. Lacked a bit of motivation, time and funds to a degree. Back into it bit by bit, I’ll get there eventually.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea but also the weather hasn’t been conducive.  Now the sun is out its easier to get interested in getting into I reckon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.