This topic contains 138 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

I would have thought that the twin 044 would be enough that max 1400hp or does it not work that way

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

1400 naturally aspirated on pump gas yes.

Around 1100 hp boosted on pump gas.

And Around 800 hp boosted on E85.

my goal is 1000 hp at the wheels, so two 044s wouldn’t have been enough, would have required a 3rd pump.

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

Just Picked this up

Dart LS Next SHP block and parts kit

ARP Head studs

ARP Mains Studs

Still waiting on an order from the states

Trickflow heads

Wiesco pistons

BTR turbo cam, lifters , timing set, oil pump etc….

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea baby, now your talking…

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Dam nice

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

Yes , looking forward to the build process.

Very nice piece, but already a hicup, looks like my Belair starter relocation bracket won’t fit :negative:

will have to look at a sandwich plate type relocation kit, a mate has one for his conversion so should be able to trial fit before ordering.

failing that will have to swap to a manual rack and move the mounts :’-(

Profile photo of GMH-304
    GMH-304
    Participant

Should of got the normal LS Next block, it can mount starter on either side.

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

The supplier only had the Dart SHP and the billet alloy blocks $10k was way outa my budget…

ill make it work, definitely a big step forward from the LY6 block I was gonna run.

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

What cubes are you going for? Power level? Awesome base to build from

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

Just a 6.0 , I prefer std stroke and want to leave the max amount of meat in the bore.

A 6ltr is also a better match for my turbo than bigger cubes would be.

Aiming for a reliable 1000 hp plus.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Red1m8 Red1m8.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Aiming for a reliable 1000 hp plus.

:good:

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

Gotta love it when that courier you’ve been waiting for finally turns up  :yes:

Trick Flow heads  :good:

Wiesco Pistons with heavy wall pins

BTR turbo cam

Mellings oil pump

sensors, bearings, timing chain set etc.

Now just waiting on Crankshaft and rods…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea baby, I thought Christmas was in December…

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Yea baby, I thought Christmas was in December…

Most likely was a Christmas present but it’s late elves drinking again I bet

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

Ordered that lot end of November, been held up waiting on heads.

so yes did feel like Xmas when they finally turned up 😃

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

w been a while, time for an update.

Completed the engine build

<span style=”color: #ffffff; font-family: ‘Proxima Nova Regular’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; white-space: pre; background-color: #2e3035;”></span>

<span style=”color: #ffffff; font-family: ‘Proxima Nova Regular’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; white-space: pre; background-color: #2e3035;”></span>

In its new home

Driveshaft made – 1350 uni’s, chromoly Yokes, large center bearing, speced for over 1000 rwhp

Driveshaft hoops

Bought a Malex motorsports alternator relocation, nice piece, but unfortunately sits too high in the engine bay and bonnet wont close..

Made a patern to lower it 50mm, and had some new brackets cut on water jet.

worked out pretty good, still need to get some milling done and work out new belt length.

Made a timing pointer, and confirmed TDC

The rear adjustable platforms were too low, even on the highest setting, so had some 50mm spacers made, worked out great.

Having a custom fuel tank made, pumps are mounted under tank externally, internal baffling and return pipes. will be around 87 ltr

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Red1m8 Red1m8.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Red1m8 Red1m8.
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Dam now that’s an up date and half, what you did with the rear coil overs I have to do the same, so much for bolt in, I like you tank idea going to do something similar have a drop in hunger from A.I with surge built into tank and two 460 pumps

Profile photo of Red1m8
    Red1m8
    Participant

Yeah I decided one less fuel pump, and getting away from a surge tank and pumps in the boot simplifies the fuel system and all the added cert requirements.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah I decided one less fuel pump, and getting away from a surge tank and pumps in the boot simplifies the fuel system and all the added cert requirements. [/quote

doesn’t matter how good you seal a boot system it still smells

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer Judge1 Frazer.
Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.