This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gtrboyy gtrboyy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Drmonk
    Drmonk
    Participant

So i bought this about a year ago, so far prity much just cruised it round, have pulled the front end out of it, got rid of the cut springs in the front, replaced tie rod ends, strut tops, ball joints, shocks etc etc Went along the line of a brake upgraded with some vt slotted rottors, picked up some vt twin piston callipers prity cheap so i rebuilt those and installed them. Also grabbed a one inch bore master cylinder and rebuilt that to. Threw some clear indicators on there as well.

First day i got it home :yahoo:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Very bloody clean, not sure I have seen one that colour before, were there many made?

Profile photo of vhman
    vhman
    Participant

awesome car mate. Haven’t seen that colour either but suits it really well.

What’s your future plans?

Profile photo of Drmonk
    Drmonk
    Participant

its had a respray at some stage, under the bonnet is not painted,

Future plans are as a long as a piece of string so far I have purchased:

Turbo 400 gear box with plans to strip down and rebuild myself with a little help from a mate. Ordering goodies from USA hopefully next week

vl turbo diff, forged 28 spline axles, sold the 3.45 gears ad bought some 3.9s  and a tru tak centre

Still undecided on motor definetly going down the LS path, would most prefer an l98 so I can get the square port heads which seem to flow a lot better than the catherdral ports

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Love the plans, be a beautiful cruiser, looks a bit like Sherwood Green, i had a VS in it?  Like it mate looks great.

Well i am biased re LS swaps, I reckon its a great idea, once its done you can have an LS go from a basic 5.7 up to a 2000hp twin turbo monster.  I think dollar for hp a crate LSx454 is hard to beat.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

First up mint car mate so clean and fresh everything works so well.

Good Choice with going the DBA rotors you won’t have any problems with them.

And be careful with L98 over 200k km’s, I have seen a few at work where the lifters have failed and wrecked the motors, So I would suggest a VZ HSV LS2 if you could get your hands on one.

Or just stick to the Aussie V8  :yes:   :yes:   :yes:

Profile photo of Drmonk
    Drmonk
    Participant

Wow haven’t posted on here for a while kind of forgot all about it, the vh is still coming along, ive bought an l76 from an vz ss, changed the cam,oil pump,gaskets,springs etc etc, Have bought all the conversion kit from castlemaine rod shop, got a good deal on it at Summernats and managed to fly home with it all from canberra. Built a nice borgy diff with some 3.9 gears and a true track centre with forged axels. Bought a built turbo 400 with full manual valve body and 350o converter. Got a shifter trans cooler and a few other goodies. Really getting into the build now engine is out and im starting to prep the engine bay for paint

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Drmonk Drmonk.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Drmonk Drmonk.
    Profile photo of Drmonk
    Drmonk
    Participant

Profile photo of Drmonk
    Drmonk
    Participant

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Profile photo of SLE355
    SLE355
    Participant

Nice, keep the progress coming.

I’m going to have the only early girl with a Holden V8 soon :facepalm:

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of SLE355 SLE355.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I’m going to have the only early girl with a Holden V8 soon

yea should have called this forum LS Swaps Plus :good:

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Still got 2 plastic powered early girls…although tempted go ls than build crazy holden stroker.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea imo $ for $ per HP hard to go past the LS.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

L77/4L80 seem good value especially as more become available…few small mods they’d make more grunt yet retain daily drivability.

What’s required to get them into a early girl tunnel would be interesting to see.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

My old VL had a T400 from factory, they are a pretty big box, would a 4L80 be larger??

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Not sure if they’re bigger around bellhousing but the seem bigger everywhere else.

Yet to see one fitted in early girl cruiser,everyone goes th400 or glide

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.