HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVE – VFmy ve vk hdt improved build number 51

This topic contains 22 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DRAG.ON DRAG.ON 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill
    • ve vk hdt retro blown cammed vf 25th clubsport build number 42 of 100 vnss tuff 355 was blown now going turbo

• View build HERE

hi all owned the ve for 6 years now so i will try and get some past up to present

first up got the car looked close to standard was told the last owner had the heads and cam done haven’t had the heads off to no

cam i have just changed  cant see any thing on the old 1 showing it to be after market i no some people where replacing the l98 cam with the ls2 for a bit more lift  but that part of her life is over i do now no there is a real cam in her lol

then came the track strips and walky cat back

from there it got  a after market intake and stayed like that for a couple of years

from there it was blower time got a good deal from Scott at capa

got all the hdt kit and wheels then me and my son inlaw painted and fitted it all up sent all pics and stuff back to hdt and it was improved

so that where see stayed until a couple of months back i started buy all the stuff needed for a nice valve train up grade

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of DRAG.ON DRAG.ON.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Really nice mate, what sort of power etc is it making?

Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill
    • ve vk hdt retro blown cammed vf 25th clubsport build number 42 of 100 vnss tuff 355 was blown now going turbo

• View build HERE

so now how see sits

06 ve ss vk hdt improved number 51

l98 six speed manual spec stage 3 clutch

3.7 diff upgrade

lunarti double valve springs

custom cam in the 230s

1 piece push rods arp bolts

vortech t trim cant put a number on the boost yet as it hasn’t had a full hit on the dyno yet

have a dyno sheet showing 8psi at 423 rwkw the tune said it was at 5400 rpm

had fuel pump trouble car was leaning out

not ever doing a ve fuel module i tried fitting a walbro 460 lost fuel pressure even before i drove it

so then i looked at the airoflow 325 sounded good so off to the dyno see went dropped the car off and went shopping

came back and see was just starting to make some power looked over and seen 426 rwkw  was getting happy went and got the misses and i record a 430rwkw will try and get the vid up

so good timing cool down time for the car lol

went for a while and came back to a sad face  losing fuel pressure

so out with the fuel module and dale at sps in mildura fitted a walbro 460 my new 1 sitting at home in my shed

new pump powered up with no fuel pressure on removal the shaft was turning and that was it so back in with the old pump 325 a hit on the dyno to do a safe tune

so 423 rwkw  at 5400 got to be happy with that for now just knowing it hasn’t even been pushed to the 6500 limiter yet and knowing the cam will rev over 7000 rpm when it removed i think it will do around or over  over 450rwkw

well last night i did the fuel pump after having a run down on how to mode the filter for the pump it all went well walbro 460 pumping away  more fuel then needed now sorry only just realised pic would have been good  of the mods

with the imfo i found when i was working out what pump to run i found alot of you cant run a walbro 460

there to big  the reg want  hold up it will run rich

my tuner fits them to ve,s now i have and the car has not changed she is running fine so now is just a matter of getting it back for a final tune

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of DRAG.ON DRAG.ON.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of DRAG.ON DRAG.ON.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^looks like my post caught you between yours!

Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

^looks like my post caught you between yours!

yer a little slow on the keys

Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

ok got this vid after this it was all down hill

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

You always seem to build some nicely tickled vehicles. Looking the goods, i bet the centrifugal gives it a nice kick in the ass.

Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

You always seem to build some nicely tickled vehicles. Looking the goods, i bet the centrifugal gives it a nice kick in the ass. [/quot

thanks cave keen to have a read of your build you was just getting start last time i looked at her

the vortech works well was running 7 psi before the cam and it was nice

now iv dropped down 3 pulley sizes so from go its making more power  and around 3600 when the cam starts to work its like the blower starts to boost all over again

just got home from a drive and came out of a 80 zone in to a 110 and in 3rd gear it was skiding over the bumps in the road at about 1/4 throttle so im impressed

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Haha you why we build them.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Funny just passed one this colour just then, looked mint.  Sounds awesome on the dyno.

Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

Funny just passed one this colour just then, looked mint. Sounds awesome on the dyno.

thanks mate

have a dyno sheet up until it starts to lean out  its not a had push  but still came up with a ok figure

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of DRAG.ON DRAG.ON.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of DRAG.ON DRAG.ON.
    Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

Funny just passed one this colour just then, looked mint. Sounds awesome on the dyno.

thanks mate have a dyno sheet up until it starts to lean out its not a had push but still came up with a ok figure

got a update on the ve done a mantic 9000  clutch, tiebar lifters, double row timing chain ,arp head bolts and replaced all the gaskets  now making 453 rwkw  at 9psi with a  some wheel spin on the dyno had my self in the back seat filming and 2 people in the boot dont get much time to up date the progress on the car

Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

got a dyno sheet if the up load works 453 rwkw

she was pushed to 6800 and stopped as the tuner said after 6800 the pistons start getting a lot of stress so stopped at that if i want to make any more power i need to do a pulley up grade to a 10 rib belt to get the boost over 10 psi  maybe later on will try for 14psi and been thinking about meth injection

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of DRAG.ON DRAG.ON.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of DRAG.ON DRAG.ON.
    Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

hope this works 

Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

had some hail damage on the car now its painted in the vf orange close to the ve orange just has more gold in the mix worst job i have ever seen  so waiting on a quot now for a full respray again not from the same place

some of the bad parts had 2 more quots done in mildure and both places have said it needs a full respray pics make it look good but there is runs under coat showing  crap every wear

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Killer power and video mate. I also like the colour. Just a shame about the finish. How’s it drive?

Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

thanks cav drives not to bad bit grumpy down in the low revs

and great on fuel on the high way get around 400 ks to half a tank

done 320ks a couple of weeks back in 2 hours and had 2 line above half when i got home

Profile photo of DRAG.ON
    DRAG.ON
    Participant
    • broken hill

• View build HERE

little idle video

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thats awesome (not the paint!!)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.