HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralSuspensionLooking at Buying VN – VS Commodore, do I want IRS or live axle?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Yeah I thought they all would have had airbags at least, unless someone decided to pull it out, probably not that uncommon. I’m having trouble even locating a VR without all 3 options, most seem to have abs except the utes.

Airbags are defiantly optional on VS executive, also steering wheel center is different on a non airbag car, they dont have a clock spring for the airbags the later Holden Logo is also used on the steering wheel center that was introduced in VS production (compared to VN/VP/VR type logo) so it cant have been swapped from an early holden model

you’ll have to find an executive, which shouldn’t be that hard to find

i would think Acclaim and any special packs like Equipe or Esteem are likely to have at least 1 of the 3 things mentioned above, as they tend to throw stuff in to boost sales or clear excess stock

on a side note i bought a VY 1 Tonner ute about 6 months ago, it doesn’t have a passenger side airbag, or ABS both optional on the base model VY, i thought that was strange as i always thought VT onwards had both a drivers and passenger side airbags as a minimum

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Its really once you go away from Holden, especially to higher end European, you get an understanding of really how primitive Holdens were…

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.