This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stevoss Stevoss 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MickyDagger
    MickyDagger
    Participant

Afternoon peoples, hope everyone’s head isn’t too broken from australia day yesterday.

Anyways picking up a vt calais international tomorrow with a l67, gonna rip it out and give it to the old boy to freshen up (mechanic) to throw into the VN Calais

Ive been searching internet and some people say its a piece of piss to do and thers say its a pain. I still want all the original electrics to work in the calais, and the aircon

So i want to keep the original auto in the VN as i know its history, so what am i looking at fellas? purchase of a VATS removed memcal? the headers from the vt gonna fit through? extention of the wiring for crank angle sensor and injectors? mirror balancing of flywheel?

The reason i bought a whole car for the transplant is that hopefully i will have most parts available when needed,

I dont want to throw a v8 in the calais as i have a VN SS for that, and i bought the calais off an old bloke in town who bought it new and put 520000kms on it uncracked n i like the wolf in sheeps clothing look,

cheers fellas for any help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Sounds like an interesting project, if you go ahead with it, start up a build thread, would be nice to follow along  :good:

Profile photo of Stevoss
    Stevoss
    Participant

Use existing computer from the vn, modify the loom as per the Buick to ecotec diys, and get it tuned to suit. Vs extractors and exhaust pieces to work with minimal tweaking.

Basically all the vt parts are useless, vs with l67 are better donor to start with for a conversion like this.

L67torque forum was a good resource back in the day

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.