HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralBody & PaintIntroducing myself

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 8you4t 8you4t 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria
    • C63 Amg/ Mk4 golf gti/ Ml w163 320 Mercedes Amg pack/ Audi a4 Quattro turbo man/ Wh gen 3/ Vt Calais/ Porsche boxter S / Ba futura (soon to have turbo xr6 motor)/ 2006 RX8

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi guys , names Lucas …

I have been in the detailing trade for nearly 16 years , I have worked/managed detail departments at dealerships , have trained and run courses for other detailer’s regarding paint finishes , paint correction and all things in between .

Also vehicle interior detailing , this includes the best product’s to use and how too use them .

I have been used by 3M & Autosmart to do on site training of new products for other detailer’s …

I was a paint tech for BMW for quite a while , iv also worked for Holden / Hsv , Toyota and briefly for Ford … But now own and run a number of detail shops !!!

I love seeing guys having a go with detailing out of their garage , if they are using the right products and have a good skill set .

What I can’t stand is cowboys , guys that give the trade a bad name … Wannabe’s , Detailer groupies

the jobs these guys ‘try to do’ end up in our shops and end up costing the customer more then the original job would have been , shit me to tears

We do everything from show cars that stay with us for a week , to dealership work that’s ‘turn and burn’ … Boats , caravans , motorbikes … Nearly anything !!!

It’s a very cut throat trade , one that see’s alot fail , but if you are willing to work very hard and do quality work you can make it !!!

I don’t have another job , this my life , everyday … And is hugely successful , which I’m proud of and speaks volumes of the work we do :)

I’m happy to answer any questions about all things detailing , inbox me or I will try and help in any question related threads ….

Cheers

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of 8you4t 8you4t.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of 8you4t 8you4t.

If you don't believe in something .... You'll fall for anything

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

Great to have you hear mate, We need more people like you :)

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Agree with Kroozer, very happy to have guys like yourself on board mate to share your knowledge, thanks :)

Profile photo of vspete
    vspete
    Participant

Just joined so I`m late welcome Lucas.

Profile photo of Narva*2010
    Narva*2010
    Participant
    Supporter

Good to see a good paint guy / finisher here.

I have a question, theses waterless cleaners like F1 and McGuires.  Do they work or am I’m not using the shit properly.

I’m just talking about just dust removal here.  When I use these, they leave swirls in the wax.  I use a new rag too.

What’re are your thoughts on these waterless products mate?

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

interested ^^ in that answer also..

Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria
    • C63 Amg/ Mk4 golf gti/ Ml w163 320 Mercedes Amg pack/ Audi a4 Quattro turbo man/ Wh gen 3/ Vt Calais/ Porsche boxter S / Ba futura (soon to have turbo xr6 motor)/ 2006 RX8

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Right , sorry guys for not being able too get on here as much as I’d like due to work commitments .

Waterless car washes are good up to a point , there is a point were a vehicle will require a ‘proper’ wash .

A waterless system that is used on an overly dirty car , in the sun , or with an incorrect applicator with cause paint damage … Namely swirling/ scoring of duco .

Waterless wash is bet used for removing bird droppings , finger prints , fresh bug guts , and road grime from driving in the rain .

Tbh I’m not a great fan of these systems , use it if you are on water restrictions and are limited to how much you wash or on the road and have no choice … If it was me I would keep a bottle of water in your car  , chamois , microfiber cloth and a good quick polish spray.

This will in most cases cover most situations …

Profile photo of 8you4t
    8you4t
    Participant
    • Victoria

• View build HERE
    Supporter

If you can , stick to the ‘tried and true’ method of washing with mitt and bucket … This is the only way to clean a dirty car properly !!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.