This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ajvx01 ajvx01 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi guys,

I’ve recently bought some good nick vl Calais front doors for the vc (I will be removing the calais molds so let me know if anyone needs them) I plan to paint the doors and use them.on the vc since they are rust free, speaker hole free and have power windows and Central locking.

What I am wondering though is what switches to use to control the windows?? I only plan on having the fronts power and the rears winders since the rear seats in the vc do not get used anyway.

I am assuming finding new or vgc vh items are out the question so what would people recommend? I want them to be black and replaceable in the future in case they wear out..

Has anyone done this before? Any ideas? I want to mount the switches into the vk lowrise centre console I have..

I was thinking some black vs style power window switches?

Please I need ideas and pics:)

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

maybe use a black VY ute one, probally easier to mount too

if your using VS ones i find they always stuff up, particular the type fitted to the rear doors, which is the same type they use on vn-vs utes for the fronts but are instead mounted in the console, i find the springs in the buttons go, my switches were new and s/hand over the years and i’ve had a few problems where it wont work, and i remove the door trim and it starts working again, put the trim on again and it again and its good for a while.

only ever the rears and particularly the RHR

Profile photo of ajvx01
    ajvx01
    Participant
    Supporter

great feedback thankyou!

just googled them and yeah I think a nice vy ute switch would look relatively at home in there.. Thanks mate!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.