HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralECU & Tuningi need help – either ignition, fuel or ECU

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DUF42L DUF42L 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DUF42L
    DUF42L
    Participant
    Supporter

Hi guys                                       Car is VS- V6 with 6spd manual, supercharged with haltech E6X

The Problem i am having is; – eg. when driving along in say 4th gear at 60-70km and i plant my foot on throttle, the car will pick up but the start coughing and spitting. the tacho does a bunch of bouncing around, the car is jerking around, i cant get any smooth progression.

happens in other gears as well as whatever speeds. i notice it is from approx 3000 -5000 rpm
    the car doesnt want to go any higher than 5000

I have swapped out the coil packs, DSI module, checked all of the wiring for coils. checked leads and plugs. bosch 044 is working fine.

I am unsure if it could be shitty injectors, or crummy fuel, or an ECU grounding issue, or could still be a coil problem. i am stuck for ideas

any help is appreciated

Profile photo of benk
    benk
    Participant

maybe a dumb question but was it ok before? Check the plug gaps and leads are properly seated. Also sometimes the wiring loom that plugs into the DFI can get loose on the connectors and cause an intermittent spark.

Sounds like it’s pretty easy to reproduce so logging the Haltech could give some clues.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

My car did the same thing once. I had a pin hole in one of the leads. Would only know it had a problem when under boost. Putting around like normal and you wouldn’t even know.

Profile photo of DUF42L
    DUF42L
    Participant
    Supporter

Thanks guys I’m going to check every inch of my leads. I will even run some extra insulation around all the leads

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.