HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLHeron's VK SL Build – LS3, TH400, Sleeper Style

This topic contains 905 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Heron SSV Heron SSV 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 906 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice progress mate

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Did your harness come with diagram or instructions which is tacho wire?

Monster tacho is easy just takes bit of time to do if you want to mount it all up all nice & neat then wiring…they usually end up on top of steering column or pillar with shiftlight.

green = tacho wire

black = earth

red = accessories

white = lights

vaguely remember reading that need it in 4cyl mode??? to work with  ls engines..could be wrong.

Other option is dakota digital tacho interface so that factory tacho reads correctly…rocket etc have them.

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Pin 48 on the black connector is the tacho output. Apparently you can run a wire from that and connect a resistor to that wire and a 12 volt wire to boost the signal enough for it to work, but the ECU is mounted way up in the footwell and I’d have to pull the heater box out to get to it. My tuner said he can wire it using a trigger pulse from the injector, said it should take an hour or so, so between 100 and 200 bucks. Other option is an OBD adapter from Dakota Digital that connects to the OBD port and you run the normal tacho wiring to it, that’s about 200 bucks.

More progress, have installed the carpet, finished the roof lining, put new front windscreen in, drivers seat, rear seat, have to modify the front passenger seat rail cause it’s a VL seat before I put it in, external door handles are in.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Pics please!!!

Heron SSV
    Participant

I’ll put some pics up on Monday when I’m back at work.

latest update: all seats are in, front slide locks are in, had to relocate the central locking motors so the rods for the slide locks fit in properly. Haven’t done the rear ones yet, might just take the lock motors out for now and put the slide locks in and leave them manual for now. Went for a quick squirt up the road yesterday, it’s toey as fuck, spins easy as haha. My mate is coming round tomorrow to buff the car.

Heron SSV
    Participant

What a massive week that was. She’s almost ready to hit the road. Need to swap the rear locks, put the door trim on, pinch weld, weather strips on the top of the doors, tidy up the edges of the carpet, sort the bonnet out and paint the grill at the same time, plus the door moulds. Got it all buffed up yesterday, came up pretty good for a garage paint job. Can still see some peel through it but only if you look close. It’s shiny as, heaps bright in the sun. Here are a few pics as requestsed:

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Really looking the part now. It’s perfect. Don’t ruin it with a walky kit down the track.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Awesome mate, looks like you could do with a Build Ninja gauge pod where the sunglass holder is missing.  I just designed one that takes two of the larger 2 5/8″ gauges ;-)

Heron SSV
    Participant

Cheers Cava. Yeah I’m liking the plain style more and more, the grey is a nice contrast with the white body. Rear spings have settled a little and it’s sitting at the exact height I was after. Gotta adjust the panhard bar cause it’s sitting a little too close on the drivers side, only need to move it over about 10 or 15 mm.

Also need to get another can of cerulean paint to do the shifter surround and the seat belt covers. Plus get a parcel tray.

Everytime I look at the pics I remember other bits and pieces I still have to do haha

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Is that cerulean or new blue?  My VL looks the same and is 25i?

Heron SSV
    Participant

Dash paint is cerulean. The seats are from a VL. the dash colour varies slightly depending on the light when taking a pic, I’ve seen heaps of pics of freshly painted dash parts and they can range from looking green through to blue. It’s definitely the right colour in person though. I definitely recommend the BCS spray can I bought off ebay, they have a great spray pattern and the paint flows nicely. Definitely need two cans to do all interior plastics though, could posibly do them with one but thats without having to go over some spots a few times.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Do they have map pockets at the rear of the front seats, they are the exact material of my VL Belina, like rocking horse poop to find, especially in that condition!!

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

That looks f&^%king awesome you have to be over the moon with that for me,

not sure on the blue interior though ,, agree with cava don’t put a kit on it could get away with a group three scoop but that would be it

Heron SSV
    Participant

Do they have map pockets at the rear of the front seats, they are the exact material of my VL Belina, like rocking horse poop to find, especially in that condition!!

yep they have the pockets. They’re out of a VL Berlina, they’re in great condition for the age, a few cracks in the top of the rear seat vinyl but that’s it. Have the matching door cards as well, that’s why I am putting slide locks in.

Thanks Judge, heaps happy with it. The interior looks different depending on the light.

My mate is booked in for sat to paint the bonnet. Let it dry overnight, fit it Sunday morning then hit the road

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Mate thats awesome, if you ever to decide to sell them…

Heron SSV
    Participant

Haha I’ll keep you in mind.

Off to the RTA tomorrow with my blue and green slip, hopefully walk out with a set of plates

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Good luck.

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

nice work and congrats on the achievement heron, hope mine turns out as good when I start it next year, itching to start after seeing your effort n progress, also the car looks nice n clean probably best to not spoil it with a body kit.

I like the your steering wheel, what brand is it ???? I want to add it to my long shopping xmas list. cheers

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

Also the black shifter/console is a good addition, suits the blue interior and steering wheel

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Haha I’ll keep you in mind. Off to the RTA tomorrow with my blue and green slip, hopefully walk out with a set of plates

when is the engineer booked in for and are you going to make the prom or is that passed

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 906 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.