HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLHeron's VK SL Build – LS3, TH400, Sleeper Style

This topic contains 905 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Heron SSV Heron SSV 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 906 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter
    Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

congrats to a nice build, nuthing like a skid in the garage it was built in, better than marking its territory with oil leaks. Nice name for a build garage @ skidgarage not skidfactory.

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

Nice tip on the facebook videos, hopefully there are no nasties hiding behind the videos when you load m instead of www. I never heard of an honest hacker ????

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nope, been using it for years, its so simple and it works!!

Profile photo of vkcala
    vkcala
    Participant

Great build mate. Congrats

Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Cheers fellas

Heron SSV
    Participant

Ordered new carpet from Knox, loop pile with the drivers heel mat. Also found a set of slide locks to suit the VL door cards I have.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Do they do 25i, New Blue do you know?

Heron SSV
    Participant

No idea, they probably do, I went with them as a lot of the local trimmers use them when doing the usual VK and VL Brock interiors

Just had a thought, do I need to use underlay? or can I just lay the carpet over the bare floor?

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

yes on the under lay get felt if you can or use original

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

or maybe dynamat?

Heron SSV
    Participant

or maybe dynamat?

Dynamat might work to help with exhaust heat in the front. I’ll have a look into it

Heron SSV
    Participant

Carpet has arrived. Had a quick look inside the packaging and it looks mad.

Picked up a set of four VK doors yesterday. I need the slide locks to match the VL door cards I have, a mate of mine said he has a full set, went a round to pick them up and he gave me the whole doors. He’s also giving me a set of the longer Berlina front arm rests as well. Top bloke.

Finished wet sanding the bodywork over the weekend and mounted the front guards on with shiny new bolts and rivnuts. Gave it a quick wipe down to get rid of some of the runs from sanding, it’s come up mint, paint is flat as considering how much peel it had. Just need to sort out the bonnet now. Going to get it buffed either this weekend or the following weekend. Took next week off work to get stuck into it. Still have to do the following:

• Pull dash out, clean and paint
    • Buy roof lining, install, then fit front and rear windscreen
    • Vacuum out interior, clean up any shmutz, start fitting carpet, seats etc.
    • Remove slide locks from spare doors and install, then fit door trim, arm rests, window winders
    • Fit external door trim pieces – any tips on what to use to clean the chrome?
    • Fit front and rear bars – check clear coat, might need to re-coat so it can be buffed
    • Trim excess end bits off the old fuel line and charcoal canister line
    • Trim rear seat belt bolts and adjust the diff to get a little more clearance
    • Get a wheel alignment and balance
    • Mount charcoal canister
    • Get handbrake stuff from the wreckers and fit
    • 357 things I have fogotten about
    • Maiden voyage  :yahoo:
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Home stretch dude…

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Watched the video on the weekend sounds awesome top work

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

any tips on what to use to clean the chrome?

Autosol works well.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Thanks lads. Ordered the roof lining today, picking it up on Friday.

left the bonnet off the list. That will take some swearing and cursing to get looking slightly straight.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Roof lining has arrived. All set for a busy week getting as much done to the car as I can.

Can anyone recommend a GPS speedo? My gearbox doesnt have the internal cable drive gear so I’m thinking i’ll just get a GPS one. Jaycar have one for 99 bucks thats rechargable, cant find any reviews on it though.

Profile photo of gtrboyy
    gtrboyy
    Participant

Yeah I used the jaycar gps speedo on the sle…plug into lighter & suction cup gauge to windscreen.

You got to remember to turn it off otherwise it will stay on & after few days fubar’d  if not been used or charged up…

Most of the workmates use phone apps for their 4wd’s with oversized tyres that put speedo out.

*Put in as much heat & sound deadening as you can now rather than later..moreso for stupid amount of heat that comes through firewall/floorpan.If it’s got rear muffler/resi should be ok for drone but heat is annoying.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Had a few solid days so far. Front and rear bars are on, ended up giving the rear bar another coat of colour then a few more clear coats, came up mint. Roof lining is in, what a cnut of a job that was. Got most of the wrinkles out but can still see a few. It’s all glued in. Only found three of the four rods needed, ended up using some of the brake line hose I had left over. The missing one was the rear one so it was just a length of rod with a bit of a curve, the brake line worked fine. Can still see some dodgy bits but it’ll be right haha.

Went and bought a heap of of detailing stuff ready to get it looking micky mouse. Got some Autosol and have been going to town on the chrome trim, came up looking great. Got all the trim on except the weather strips on top of the doors, the clips are a bit rusty so I’ve ordered some new ones from rare spares.

a mate came round to help put the front and rear windscreens in. The rear went in easy as, got the front one in, one bit at the top was sticking up a bit, my mate was tapping it to get it into place and cracked it. He’s grabbing another one tomorrow so we’ll get it in later this week. Shit happens haha

Pulled out the dash, going to clean it and start painting tomorrow hopefully. Also going to throw the carpet in and maybe the rear seat.

Anyone wired up a monster tacho? Spoke to my sparky who didn’t have a suggestion except for the harness you can buy for a few hundred bucks, I’d rather not spend that much.

Viewing 20 posts - 761 through 780 (of 906 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.