HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLHeron's VK SL Build – LS3, TH400, Sleeper Style

This topic contains 905 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Heron SSV Heron SSV 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 906 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Only managed to get the intake pipe done over the weekend. Alloy pipes are a prick to cut cleanly and debur the ends. Painted the pipes black on Sat evening but they were still a little tacky on Sunday morning so I left them out in the sun to dry properly, I’ll put it in this weekend. Wasnt enough room to do an S bend out of the air box, ended up using a curved off cut to slope the pipe downwards out of the box then into the MAF, then into a J shaped bend and up to the throttle body. The pipes have enough clearance between the pulleys and the radiator, I’ll make sure its secure when I put it back together.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Neat and simple, nice work.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Nice work that’ll do the job.

You got any closer photos of how u mounted that radiator over flow reservoir?

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Nice work that’ll do the job.

You got any closer photos of how u mounted that radiator over flow reservoir?

Heron SSV
    Participant

Cheers guys. I used one L bracket from Bunnings at the top, one side is bolted to the side of the radiator support upright, the top clamp of the overflow bolts to it, and the bottom clamp bolts to the radiator support with a rivnut. I positioned it so it’s just out of sight when you’re looking at the bay from the front, but still easily accessible. I can get more pics on the weekend if you want Cava

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yeah picks would be killer mate. That’s how I wanna do mine.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Just bought an Autometer monster tacho cause I loved them when I was 17 and my missus reckons I act like a child so I thought why not haha

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Just bought an Autometer monster tacho cause I loved them when I was 17 and my missus reckons I act like a child so I thought why not haha

When you drive this thing you will be giggling like a little kid so why not…. ls3 in something this weight will be crazy

Heron SSV
    Participant

When you drive this thing you will be giggling like a little kid so why not…. ls3 in something this weight will be crazy

Fingers crossed it will be mate…. getting closer every week now

Heron SSV
    Participant

Finished off the intake yesterday. Fits well with plenty of room. Tacho also arrived.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

The loop on your heater delete. Is that a straight hose looped and kinked. Or the proper loop?

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I forget if you are getting this engineered?  If you are I think you will need to run the heater so you have a functioning demister, or you can fit an electric one.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Its a 180 degree end off a heater hose I’ve bent around, I think it’s off a Ford, still flows fine. It’s only on there temporarily to get it running, got the heater core installed so the demister will work.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Ahh ok. Cause you can buy the proper heater delete hose and it looks pretty neat.

Thats mace air box looks the part. U might need to let me borrow it

Heron SSV
    Participant

Haha yeah it’s neat as. Not much to it though, just a big bit of plastic that’s cut and bent in half with some tabs, could make one out of sheet metal if you had a straight edge bender.

mounted the FBW pedal today. Removed the old pedal, drilled out the four spot welds, smashed the bracket with a hammer and pry bar for half an hour until it came off. The VF pedal I have had a weird housing and wouldn’t just mount straight on the firewall. I needed a wedge shaped mounting plate, like a door chock, to angle it out. Ended up using a tail shaft loop I got from the wreckers that doesn’t fit mine, cut it up and bolted the pedal to it with a thick plastic spacer to get the right angle, and bolted that to the firewall. Doesn’t protrude much into the wheel well, only the nut.

I picked up a free set of front seats so I can use the passenger rail on my VL seats, three the drivers one in and the pedal sits just right. Has plenty of room under it at full travel for the carpet. All in all a successful day

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Heron SSV
    Participant

Nice Ian, although I wouldn’t expect anything less than perfectly functional from you haha.

I was under the car yesterday and noticed the headers were touching the steering rack. Loosened the header bolts and adjusted it, gave it more room but still not happy with it so I’ll get the exhaust shop to give it some love.

removed the oil pressure gauge I had hooked up and put the dash one back in, fired it up and the dash gauge works. Calling it a day for now, taking my boys to the movies to see Hobbs and Shaw for some quality entertainment haha

Profile photo of

Thanks Heron, is the pedal you’re using the same as the vy/z one? If so shoot me a few $ for postage and you can have my bracket I have no use for it..

Heron SSV
    Participant

Na mine is from a VF, it’s different, the arm of the pedal is all plastic. Got it mounted now so it’s sweet as, thanks for the offer though  :good:

Profile photo of

No probs, always happy to help out if I can.

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 906 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.