HomeForumsMembers’ Builds and RidesVB – VC – VH – VK – VLHeron's VK SL Build – LS3, TH400, Sleeper Style

This topic contains 905 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Heron SSV Heron SSV 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 906 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Heron SSV
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Parts have arrived. Lets hope it sorts out the problem.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Good luck buddy, let us know how it goes :)

Heron SSV
    Participant

Cheers mate, if it all goes well I’ll get some more vids

Heron SSV
    Participant

Ordered a Mace air box, new AC Delco o2 sensors and a knock sensor. How good are tax returns haha

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

How much did the mace airbox set you back. I think I’m gunna need something similar to pass engineers.

Profile photo of Vsl98
    Vsl98
    Participant

Mine from mace cost me $200

Vsl98

Heron SSV
    Participant

Cost me 255 delivered. Comes with a pod filter and intake pipe, but I’ll replace the intake pipe with something that looks neater.

Great success this weekend. Replaced the red o ring with a new blue one, installed an oil pickup brace that uses two bolts instead of the factory single bolt, and replaced the sump gasket. Didn’t prime the oil pump, turned it over with no plugs for two 15 second bursts with no pressure, then as soon as I hit the key the third time it jumped to 20 psi. Put the plugs in and connected the fuel pump, it fired straight up and jumped to 40 at idle. Let it idle for about 15 minutes, no leaks. Topped up the trans with fluid but didn’t run it through the gears yet cause the brakes aren’t done. Dash is working except the tacho.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

sweet nice …….as mandatory video or it didn’t happen

Heron SSV
    Participant

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Heron SSV Heron SSV.
    Heron SSV
    Participant

Got a quick vid while it was running. Didnt have the booster vacuum line connected, it sounded like it was cammed until I blocked the port. Idles pretty smooth.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

sounds crisp :good:   :good:

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Congrats mate, thats a milestone right there!!

Heron SSV
    Participant

Cheers fellas, was a massive relief seeing pressure come up on the gauge, been a while since I’ve felt that anxious about something

Heron SSV
    Participant

A few deliveries have arrived, the knock sensor and the Mace air box kit. The kit didn’t include an intake hose, I wasn’t planning on using it but I’m sure I seen it advertised as part of their kit. Anyhow, I’ve been thinking about what to use for the intake pipe, I’ve got a 90 degree bend from the throttle body already, then the pipe will need to follow an S pattern to go over the top radiator hose then angle down and straighten out get to the MAF on the hole on the side of the air box. I should be able to use two 45 degree silicone elbows to get the angle I need, but would it look weird having the entire intake pipe basically one long silicone hose? Should I get something fabbed out of alloy pipe? I don’t really want to be spending hundreds on a 50cm long intake pipe. Any suggestions?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Depends a bit, to me the intake pipe you sort of see instantly when the bonnet is up.  When I see a car with silicone elbows and joiners etc I think it looks messy.  Whereas a nice single fabricated piece in polished ally with a silicone joiner at each end looks the goods.  But its personal preference.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Yeah I’d prefer an alloy pipe. I’ll install the air box over the weekend and have a think about what to do.

On a side note, my new o2 sensors have arrived. My harness still has the wiring for the rear o2 sensors that run after the cat, are these still used? I thought tuners turned them off when they install high flow cats.

Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

second that for the alloy pipe work

Heron SSV
    Participant

Installed the sensors and the air box on the weekend. There isn’t much room for the intake pipe, I might have to run it down from the throttle body and under the radiator hose to get smoother bends and include the MAF.

After all the mucking around with getting a radiator with the outlets on the correct sides, the intake would have been easier to run if the top hose was on the drivers side. Typical.

Heron SSV
    Participant

Another vid

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Heron SSV Heron SSV.
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

<p style=”text-align: left;”> :-P Are you use the LS7 type maf or the honeycomb barrel type?</p>

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 906 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.