HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralFuel SystemsFuel Injector Youtube Video

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 8 years ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

Great video another really interesting one on flex sensors and the reality of it

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^Very interesting.  So I think what its saying is yes you can a run a flex sensor and run both fuels, but you really have to completely drain the fuel tank of one, before filling with the other?

Profile photo of pir4te
    pir4te
    Participant
    Supporter

Nah the video simply demonstrates that a flex fuel sensor can not distinguish between ethanol and water.

No big deal really, up to 8% water in the flex fuel mix makes more torque, higher octane, runs cleaner and cooler, but that’s more than a gallon in a tank.

Naturally as-pirated, all-motor.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Makes sense, but i was more interested in the reading as you swapped from e85 to 98 and vice versa.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Makes sense, but i was more interested in the reading as you swapped from e85 to 98 and vice versa.

It all depends on what the ECU does with the reading once it has it, I know the E38’s can do quite comprehensive changes based on the Sensor output, not sure on the LS1B’s though no experience with them..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea i think for now i will just run 98 and if i decide to run e85 i will just get it retuned..

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

It all depends on what the ECU does with the reading once it has it, I know the E38’s can do quite comprehensive changes based on the Sensor output, not sure on the LS1B’s though no experience with them..

This is something I really need to suss before I make my Ecu selection.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

This is something I really need to suss before I make my Ecu selection.

I’m picking up a Holley Dominator EFI ecu next week. Have a good look at it. I spent the day at APSA final and all the LSX cars run it. Everyone said stay away from the Haltech.

They dont currently have a flex sensor. But I’m going to run mine on 98 for the street. Drain the tank and run methanol at the track. Can change the tune with a key switch.

Works with the Racepak dash too.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yep it sure does. The Racepak is what’s limiting my Ecu selection ATM. Ideally I don’t want to run a $2-3k Ecu cause of a dash when a ls1 PCM or e38 computer will do the same job. Minus the dash.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Because of the dollar it works out to be a bit expensive.

Prices are approximate.

Ecu is $3000 has data logging built in, which I strongly recommend no matter what ecu you get.

Main power harness $150

LSX harness $550

Injector harness $100-150

O2 sensor $150 each – $350 depending if you get the methanol ones. Which I am getting. Sensors are customized to work with the ecu.

Then you can add as many sensors as you like for $100 without needing to buy any extra modules.

Also plugs straight into the standard sensors.

Im getting a sensor for just about everything. Like 5 or 6 extra and even a tailshaft speed sensor.

$1000 for Racepak dash and harness.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Michael Michael.
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Way out of my budget. Ain’t spending 4K on Ecu just to run a racepak dash. I rather go full auto meter and sell off my Racepak.

I don’t need data logger. Mines predominantly a street vehicle that can run a 9. I’m not trying to be competitive rtc.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Yep it sure does. The Racepak is what’s limiting my Ecu selection ATM. Ideally I don’t want to run a $2-3k Ecu cause of a dash when a ls1 PCM or e38 computer will do the same job. Minus the dash.

Except data logging and for turbo applications the boost settings the dominator ecu has are really good too. Has boost vs time. Boost vs gear. Boost vs speed to name a few.

Also has a really good auto tune capabilities as well. I watched a video of someone deleting their tune. Typing in what air fuel ratio they wanted. Gave it a few revs, then it was ready to drive. Not that that’s what I’ll do. But when I fire mine up for the first time. I’ll be able to get it to run and idle before taking it to a tuner.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Way out of my budget. Ain’t spending 4K on Ecu just to run a racepak dash. I rather go full auto meter and sell off my Racepak. I don’t need data logger. Mines predominantly a street vehicle that can run a 9. I’m not trying to be competitive rtc.

in that case. Run a standard loom and ecu with the obd2 port and plug in the Racepak dash.

Better still if you haven’t got the iq3 dash yet. Try to buy the iq3 street dash and use it as a fuel gauge and for blinkers as well.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Michael Michael.
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I’ve already got the iq3.

The obd2 gives u bugger all read outs.

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant
    Supporter

Don’t think you’ll find an aftermarket ecu in your budget.

The Haltech platinum sport 1500 might be close. But can only run drive by cable throttle.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Ill most likely stick to the ls1 or e38 PCM. Has more then enough features to do what I need.

Going cable won’t be an issue. I most likely will anyways.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
    Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^ fantastic videos, cheers

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.