HomeForumsGeneralForum Feedback & SupportForum Admin & Mods – Who we are.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi all, been asked to maybe clarify who the forum admin is, who are the moderators etc.

Firstly I (Gary) am the “owner” I guess you would say of the forum.  I decided to start it, I bought the domain name, picked the name,etc etc.  This came out of a frustration with the instability and neglect the old Street Commodores forum had been going through.  The other forums I was on just didn’t seem to have the same feel as SC.  In case your wondering I started and run my own CAD Drafting business “Cadgile”, which is why you see the blatant self promotional advert on the right hand side there :)

The only “Admin” apart from me is my daughter Georgie, she is currently studying (and nearly finished) Law & Journalism at uni, and apart from a million other very worthwhile things has become a quite a handy little software coder.  She in fact started her own small business “Easy by Design” as a free lance website designer and this is funding her way through Uni. http://www.easybydesign.com.au/

There currently is only one Moderator – Me.  And I am quite proud to say that in the almost year its been going there has been a grand total of one occasion anything needed to be moderated.  And tbh that was a pretty minor rude word.  The whole idea from the start of the forum is we all treat each other with respect and so there shouldn’t be a need for any Nazi moderators.

So hopefully that provides some info, carry on building :good:

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

The forum is bloody awesome Gary you and your daughter should both be proud of the outcome.

Thanks for making this a great site to hangout and get some great ideas and answers to some not so simple questions.

Cheers  :good:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of HDN05L HDN05L.
    Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Nice and simple.

As you were (so they say)…….

:-)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Immortality Immortality.
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Was almost a shame I couldn’t even register on street Commodores otherwise I would have never found this place!!

Well done mate, not only that you get to spend some time with your daughter as well!!

Profile photo of shred
    shred
    Participant

done a great job so far onward an upwards as they say :)

Profile photo of Claude2012
    Claude2012
    Participant

I have noticed that on this forum most members appear to be car nuts as opposed to the randoms that post “hey my car wont start after steam was pouring out of the bonnet for an hour, what do I do” type. Less members, but the members are well educated in the school of car mods

"If your going through hell, keep going!"

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Less members, but the members are well educated in the school of car mods

That was the goal from the start, not to chase thousands of members but have a smallish but solid base.  Looks like we are heading toward 600 though, which if you got them all in one spot is still a nice chunk of enthusiasts.  But def agree, there are some very knowledgeable people on here and I think the bit I like the most is all of them are willing to share that knowledge.  There has also been some serious discussions with differing points of view, and unlike may other forums, people on here seem to be able to disagree but without resorting to a shouting match.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I’m here. It all you need…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I’m here. It all you need…

Except you have crossed over to the FI dark side…..

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

You mean the fast side

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Nothing wrong with FI.

Missus is driving a supercharged V6, lots of torque when you want it but with all the manners of a standard type car.

Personally, I don’t mind grumpy, makes driving more exciting….  :yahoo:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Immortality Immortality.
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Only taking the piss, I like anything that’s fast (except Fords of course) :negative:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.