This topic contains 79 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Looking good FB, not long now!

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

^agreed, considering how little room you have to work with its bloody neat.

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Update:

Was waiting on the new radiator as the supplier was away for Christmas. Just fits. A little bigger than the last one. Was nothing really wrong with the Mustang radiator, I just thought while it’s all apart I can get a bigger one in there. It’s just sitting there atm so I can measure up for some mounting brackets. Still waiting on the plumbing to turn up, hopefully soon…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug. Reason: Up yours Photobucket

Nothing ruins your Friday more than realising it's only Tuesday...

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Yay…

Running… Rich, but running… :D

Also recovery bottle and fan now in…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug. Reason: Up yours Photobucket
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.

Profile photo of

Always a good day, think my washer bottle is made by the same crowd as your recovery bottle!

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Haha you have a good eye. It is a washer bottle I grabbed from Rarespares. It was the best fit I could find without going custom. ;-)

Profile photo of

LOL I converted the stock VR Washer bottle into a recovery tank!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Snap same washer bottle that i used.

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Another box ticked…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.

Profile photo of

LOL Awesome  :XD:

Profile photo of sands vs
    sands vs
    Participant

any mods to the l67?

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Nah it’s stock for now. Intake and exhaust only. Smaller pulley and tune to come…

sands vs
    Participant

Nah it’s stock for now. Intake and exhaust only. Smaller pulley and tune to come…

Who are you getting to tune it?

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

A friend of mine is is very Delco savvy. He tuned my last setup at the track with really good results. He also made my wiring harness and set up my electrics…

sands vs
    Participant

Awesome using tuner pro I assume?

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Yes sir…

sands vs
    Participant

Good software ill be doing some data logging with it on my modded l67 soon. This thing will be great on the track

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Well if someone remembered to plug the wiring loom back into the back of the dash cluster, I would have seen battery and master warning lights on the dash that my mate Sam correctly wired into the original Gemini harness  :facepalm: So I now have a charge light.

After a short test day a little while back we discovered this charge issue, and also a significant lack of braking issue, and a steering issue. So no go, no stop and no steer makes firebug almost dead.  :huh:

Charge now seems sorted. Gauge reads 14v and dash lights are doing everything right. ‘Tick’

When putting the car back on the trailer the front left tyre grabbed a factory Commodore brake line bracket and kinked the hard line, and tore the side wall out of the tyre. Time to revisit the front brakes that I was never real happy with.

New front brakes were ordered. New setup is simpler, and already tried and tested on other Geminis. New VT slotted rotors on new hubs to suit. Calipers from my VYSS saved me a few bucks. New brake line made up. Braided flex lines both sides… ‘Tick’

Steering shaft was fouling on the header causing me to, well, not steer. So removal of the steering rack and shaft was in order. Some trimming of the uni-joint and some ‘adjustment’ of the RH header resulted in a more comfortable clearance… ‘Tick’

Was thinking about the lack of braking on the test day and also how lean the new motor has been running since it has been installed in the Gemini. Figured I might have a buggered booster diaphragm. Pulled the hose off the booster and blocked it, wideband reads low to mid 12’s. Put hose back on booster and clamped it up. Result:

So booster is now out again. Will take it into town tomorrow for a rebuild…

Tick pending…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Excellent, have wondered how you are getting on.  Seems you get to “90% complete” at a rate of knots, then its all the last 1 percenters that take the time.  Must be getting close now though?

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Yes it’s getting close to being the bare minimum it can be. So hopefully can only get faster from there… :)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.