This topic contains 79 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Hi everyone,

A lot of this info is dragged across from SC as it seems to be the done thing :yes:

Current specs: as per 18th March 2016

Owner: firebug
    Vehicle: 1982 TF Gemini sedan
    Colour: Rhone green
    Body mods: modified trans tunnel
    Engine: L67 V6
    Engine mods: No internal mods
    Custom sump
    Gearbox: 4L60e
    Supercharger: M90
    Fuel system: Bosch 044 lift pump Bosch 044 feed pump,

Surge tank, Ford EFI filter
    Malpassi fuel pressure regulator, L67 36lb injectors,
    modified VS billet fuel rails, full Speedflow lines and fittings
    Exhaust: custom headers
    2.5″custom system
    Computer: Delco.
    Diff: Standard Gemini will CIG locked center 3.9 ratio
    Brakes: 295mm front discs and VY calipers
    Stock Gemini drums rear
    XB Falcon master cylinder
    Suspension: Kings custom set springs front and rear
    Boxed front control arms
    Shocks substandard
    Full SuperPro bush kit
    Wheels/tyres: Unknown brand 16×7 light alloy rims
    Federal RSR 205/50/16 semi slicks
    Interior: Stripped including sound deadener
    Dash remains
    Velo racing seat
    Sabelt 3″ 6 point harness

Innovate wideband gauge
    Power: unknown
    Fuel: 98
    Build Time: 6 yrs and counting
    Dave, Sam, Beresfield Autoparts
    Future mods: Rollcage, 10-12psi pulley, teflon fuel lines, e85,

Autometer gauge cluster

Got her about 5yrs ago in reasonable condition. Dragged her down from Mooloola QLD to here in Newcastle.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug. Reason: Updated specs
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug. Reason: Up yours Photobucket
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug. Reason: Updated specs
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.

Nothing ruins your Friday more than realising it's only Tuesday...

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

A very quick body prep and respray in the original colour…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Admin Admin.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug. Reason: Up yours Photobucket

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug. Reason: Up yours Photobucket

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Reassembled. Stripped the interior including sound deadener. Floor painted, firewall installed where the back seat was, new parcel shelf, battery relocated and race seats in. New upper and lower ball joints, tie rod joints, full suspension bush kit, custom set King springs, VT front brakes and some eBay special wheels to hold her up for the time being…

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

SC14 supercharger acquired and bolted up. Intercooler also in and plumbed. At this stage we were really trial fitting everything….

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

New wheels were in order as the old rims were just too close to the calipers, even with wheel spacers there was about 1mm from inside of rim to caliper clearance. So late last year I went out and bought some second hand 16″ wheels. Some careful measuring suggested they would fit nicely over the brakes and not hit the guards. They were also lighter than the 15’s that I had on there. They were a little rough with rash and peeling paint…

Once the old tyres were off we discovered one rim had 2 dents on the inside edge. So off to the wheel repairer it went. Was pretty cheap and came back perfectly round. Then off to the sand blasters to shed all the flaky paint…

Then they received a very quick sand to remove the worst of the gutter rash. These are track wheels so a little character is ok. Then they were etch primed and given a couple of coats of satin black…

Wrapped in sticky tyres…

Fitting the new shoes was a different story. Plenty of clearance for the brakes, but the rim touched the bottom of the shock at full droop. I would rather do without spacers so I moved the lower shock mount up and inward. Now the tyre just touches the shock at full droop. I’m pretty happy with that…

A couple of new fuel filters and an 044 pump now feeds the fuel to the front. New blow off valve installed. Catch can is now in and ready to be plumbed to the pcv. Fuel pressure regulator also in and ready to go when I buy more fuel line…

Harnesses finish off the inside for now…

Dusty and in need of a wash…

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

A few shots of a weekend in April last year during its first ever drive since I’ve owned it. A few bugs to iron out. I need to make a trans dip stick tube so I can get some more fluid into it. Had some slippage when cornering. Tensioner pulley needs some modifying as it was allowing the belt to walk over the front of the pulleys. We lunched one belt and almost a second because of this. I since found the suspected problem and fixed it…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

A couple of shots of another track day April this year. A very wet day that tested everyone’s abilities…

Some incar footage of me suffering fuel surge mid track…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

LOL @ abilities.. :XD:

Thanks for posting way cool project car!

(can we get a spec list?)

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

How it looks now before the planned L67 transplant…

A short vid of the engine running….

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of firebug firebug.

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

LOL @ abilities.. Thanks for posting way cool project car! (can we get a spec list?)

Thankyou! :-)

Specs:

Owner: firebug
    Vehicle: 1982 TF Gemini sedan
    Colour: Rhone green
    Body mods: none
    Engine: VN series 1 V6
    Engine mods: No internal mods
    Custom sump
    Gearbox: T700
    Supercharger: SC14
    Custom manifolds
    Custom mounting bracket
    12PSI pulley
    Front mount A2A intercooler
    Fuel system: Bosch 044 pump VN filter
    Malpassi fuel pressure regulator, L67 injectors
    modified series 2 fuel rails
    Exhaust: custom headers
    2.5″straight through side exit system
    Computer: Delco
    Diff: Standard Gemini will CIG locked center 3.9 ratio
    Brakes: 295mm front discs and VT calipers
    Stock Gemini drums rear
    XB Falcon master cylinder
    Suspension: Kings custom set springs front and rear
    Boxed front control arms
    Shocks substandard
    Full SuperPro bush kit
    Wheels/tyres: Unknown brand 16×7 light alloy rims
    Federal RSR 205/50/16 semi slicks
    Interior: Stripped including sound deadener
    Dash remains
    SAAS racing seats
    Takata 3″ 5 point harnesses
    Power: unknown
    Fuel: 98
    Build Time: 5 yrs and counting
    Dave, Sam, Beresfield Autoparts
    Future mods: L67 engine and box swap
    new surge tank setup

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

So this setup is at about its limit with the SC14 spinning way faster than it was ever intended. Mind you it is now doing everything that is asked of it. We put it on for a bit of a giggle but found with the right tuning it can pack a fair punch into a stock 3800. However to get more power now we need a better platform to start with so I managed to pickup a tidy VX Spac full of L67 goodness…

Sam checking out the stock tune…

I will start dismantling the old V6 this weekend ready for the engine swap… :yahoo:

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Thanks for the list, what’s the reasoning behind the L67?

Are they that much better?

(NFI really only ever owned the V6 that was in my VR and the one in my VZ Tonner and wasn’t overly impressed by either, hence both are long gone)

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thats looks like tons of fun, very cool car.

Love the pic of the very proud little one in front of it too :good:

Look forward to watching this develop.

Profile photo of VS 5.0
    VS 5.0
    Participant

Looks like a great fun car.

My dad bought a VH new in that same colour. So much green with the colour coded interior.

Profile photo of SSEN8R VS #1081
    SSEN8R VS #1081
    Participant
    Supporter
    Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Thanks for the list, what’s the reasoning behind the L67? Are they that much better? (NFI really only ever owned the V6 that was in my VR and the one in my VZ Tonner and wasn’t overly impressed by either, hence both are long gone)

As is  my understanding the L67 has a better bottom end more suited to boost? Either way the m90 is a bigger pump that will be more reliable in the long run.

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Thats looks like tons of fun, very cool car. Love the pic of the very proud little one in front of it too Look forward to watching this develop.

Cheers. Yes she loves the camera and Daddy’s racecar. She’ll have her own one day I dare say…

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Cheers. Yes she loves the camera and Daddy’s racecar. She’ll have her own one day I dare say…

Get her into karting mate, great fun, and really good family thing to do :good:

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Looks like a great fun car. My dad bought a VH new in that same colour. So much green with the colour coded interior.

This was an SLX with the same matching spinach s*!t green interior. What was Holden thinking? lol

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.