This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ranga
    Ranga
    Participant

Name: Leigh
    Model: 2004 VYII Calais
    Colour: Cove
    Bodykit: Standard
    Engine Type: 5.7 LS1
    Engine Mods: Custom grind VCM camshaft, 228/234 LSA110+0, Dart Pro1 heads, Tie Bar lifters, Dual Valve Springs, Double Row Timing Chain, all the usual stuff, 1″7/8 HPC Difilippo Headers, 3″ Cats, VCM Hand made 3″ Catback exhaust a VCM New Generation OTR with VZ 6L MAF meter.
    Power:276rwkw
    Gearbox: Built HSV VZ 4L65e, PWR transmission cooler, 3800RPM stall converter.
    Diff: 3.73 LSD
    Brakes: Standard VY V8
    Suspension: Monroe GT Sport Shocks and Struts, SSSL’s in the rear, Pedders ‘Touring’ up front.
    Wheels/Tyres: 20×8.5 DeCorsa Stella’s, 245/30R20 tyres
    Interior: Standard Cloth, VZ Senator complete leather steering wheel, ProRatchet shifter, Autometer gauges
    Stereo: Standard Headunit with iPod Control mod, Pioneer speakers all-round
    Other Mods: Sunroof, Xenon HID Headlights and Fog Lights
    Future Mods: Big Brake Kit of some sort. Rebuild Diff, getting a bit noisy. Fix up a few cosmetic things I’m not happy with.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Ranga Ranga.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Jaba
    Jaba
    Participant

One of my favourite looking VY Calais mate, beautiful.

Ill get a few measurements when i fit my brake kit for you if you’re on the fence about it too.

Profile photo of Ranga
    Ranga
    Participant

Thanks Jaba, appreciate it.

Yeah that would be awesome if its not too much trouble, I’m aware they change to basically a VE offset but for some reason can’t find any definite measurements for the caliper clearances for the CTSV 6pot brembos.

Profile photo of Phire aka Gmfan
    Phire aka Gmfan
    Participant

The brembo’s from ctsv would definitely look great in your wheels. Wilwood do some well priced kits though too. Maybe not so much now that the dollar has dropped against the US? Mates have had very good results on the race track with K Sport brakes. Only complaint they’ve had was changing bolt hole thickness for their 2 piece rotors meaning mate couldn’t reuse his hats. Not an issue of quality though. Food for thought.

Profile photo of Ranga
    Ranga
    Participant

Thanks Gmfan, yeah definitely thought about them, I’ve had a look at the Wilwoods and also Baers as

I’m a big fan of doing things in a way of still retaining some sort of could’ve come from factory aspect to everything, obviously thats hard to do for some things and also trying not to follow the sheep you have to do stuff thats not factory. I’d love a set of HSV AP 6/4Pot brakes but the rarely come up for sale and when they do they are dynamite to buy.

The CTSV upgrade is right up my alley, factory-ness and cost factor is pretty good for what you can get. Just comes down to available clearances.

Profile photo of Ranga
    Ranga
    Participant

Some pics!

Pulling the engine to do all the upgrades

Profile photo of Jordan
    Jordan
    Participant

Looks amazing mate! Such a clean rig

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Looks amazing mate! Such a clean rig

Saw it in person on the weekend, awesome looking car IRL!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.