HomeForumsTechnical – GeneralInterior & TrimComplete Interior Swap

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Piston 304 Piston 304 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dazedv3
    dazedv3
    Participant

So as the title suggests I’m contemplating swapping my complete steel blue interior into my 2nd VP Calais which has a better body and chassis. It has the cream interior in it currently. Just wondering if anyone has undertaken such a project, the only thing that worries me is removing the dash pad as at some point in time I’ve removed everything else at least once without issue but never a dashboard/pad.

Profile photo of exec24
    exec24
    Participant
    Supporter

Done a complete swap to my VS executive,  Including swapping main wiring harness from a Statesman into it.

big job but well worth it it

swapping the dash and trim over- no wiring should be pretty straightforward

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of exec24 exec24.
    Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

The earlier dash in your model is a little more fiddly then vr onwards. Just take careful not of where the harness sits as you take it out and you will be fine. If you put the harness in a poor position the dash pad can sit out of position

Profile photo of dazedv3
    dazedv3
    Participant

Anyone got photos or documented the process at all? Interested to see what lays ahead for me.

Profile photo of Piston 304
    Piston 304
    Participant

Ive done it. Twice.

Once to a VP Calais. Blue to international Black over cream.

And to my VN grey to black over blue.

Its all just screws. All could be done in a weekend or less.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Piston 304 Piston 304.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.