This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Summers Summers 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Claude2012
    Claude2012
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Any thoughts on Chinese tyres that are on the market at the moment? I’m seeing Winrun and Yonking pop up a bit at the moment when doing a search. Has anyone gone down this path and what os your feedback?

"If your going through hell, keep going!"

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

I’ve always one cheap tires. Doesn’t cost as much when I get that “urge”

Profile photo of Claude2012
    Claude2012
    Participant

I’m certainly curious as some of the name franchise tyre places are selling them, not just dodgy joes do a deal.

"If your going through hell, keep going!"

Profile photo of seeum8
    seeum8
    Participant

Achilles are quite a well known brand of tyre, but very cheap and handle great for what they are. Talking $120 for 19/20 inch tyres.

A lot of the cheap no name tyres are terrible in the wet, and even the dry sometimes. Noisy on the road, hard to keep balanced and wear quickly. But occasionally you get ones that aren’t too bad

Profile photo of Summers
    Summers
    Participant

Achillies arent bad for the money at all. Either is goodride/westlake. Ive used both and wet or dry have been great. Even the cheaper brands usually have multiple compounds in common sizes too i know goodride has a softer and hard compound in almost every size they produce as far as passenger based tyres go. They even do semi slicks now but ive got zero experience with cheapo performance based tyres that may be a whole another story

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Admin Admin.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.