HomeForumsGeneralThe Pool RoomBogan Fixes

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wraith
    Wraith
    Participant

So chatting to Gary about my great bogan fixes when we came up with the idea of a thread. Mine is car related but doesn’t mean they all have to be.

Had a rattling sound in the VZ on the drivers door like it wasn’t shut properly. Nothing I did fixed it until I noticed there was plastic on the door striker on the other doors but not on the drivers one. No worries will get a new one. $11 bucks a pop. No thanks. Bit of electrical tape. Cheap and nasty bogan fix but it works no more rattle.

So what stories do you have of your own bogan fixes?

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

LOL, I did the exact same thing on my old VN many many years ago.

Here’s one to get you out of a pinch, a role of electrical tape and hose clamp.  Wind the electrical tape over the hole in radiator hose  and then put the hose clamp over the tape to hold it all together.  Obviously it only works on small holes and I wouldn’t recommend it as a long term fix but it’ll get you home or somewhere where you can do a proper repair.

Profile photo of firebug
    firebug
    Participant

Broken or lost clips that hold the rubber exhaust hangers on? Replace with appropriate size hose clamp to stop the hanger from sliding off the bar… :)

Nothing ruins your Friday more than realising it's only Tuesday...

Profile photo of vs manta 218
    vs manta 218
    Participant
    Supporter

Years and years ago I Had a leak on a exhaust on a old shit heap ute I had to drive around for a few days

Pissed me off real quick

Got a coke can cut up and used as many hose clamps as possble to hold it on

Fixed it good

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Broken or lost clips that hold the rubber exhaust hangers on? Replace with appropriate size hose clamp to stop the hanger from sliding off the bar… :)

That’s bloody gold!!!

Profile photo of braddles
    braddles
    Participant

Hi Gary

braddles
    Participant

Hardly a “fix”, more of a “limp technique” I had a split top hose years ago, limped home by sliding a wet suit stubby cooler over the split and cable tied it in place

braddles
    Participant

Regarding the vz door strikers:

They look like some sort of tape from factory anyway, probably is electrical tape.

Resin core heat shrink would do a great job too if you have some to shrink on there

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of braddles braddles.
    Profile photo of Wraith
    Wraith
    Participant

It’s actually plastic. Just get’s really brittle after a while and falls off. Tape will work till I can cough up 50 bucks for new ones.

Profile photo of LF24
    LF24
    Participant
    Supporter

I just use zip ties.  I’ve also used zip ties as exhaust hangers when my system was out and throwing hangers left, right and centre.

The other one is when the little button on your seat belt that holds the buckle from sliding to the floor goes missing… Few layers of duct tape where you want it to sit and she won’t go to the floor no more.

Profile photo of Kroozer
    Kroozer
    Participant
    Supporter

LOL, I did the exact same thing on my old VN many many years ago.

My VN has started to make a rattle for what sounds like its coming from inside the door. So maybe its coming from the door latch…  :-(

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Can’t hurt to try.  just don’t wind to much electrical tape on there or you will have difficulty closing the door properly.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hi Gary

Braddles!!, you made it to the party :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.