This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looking fanatstic mate.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

IT LIVES!

That was a day and a half..

Was greeted by a brake fluid pond on each floor this morning, passenger side was just a fitting that needed more tightness, drivers side was some chuckle head didn’t tighten the bleeder on the front master cylinder.. fixed all of that repainted the floors.

Of course this used up the “spare” 5.1 fluid I had for top ups, in the meantime I got a bunch of Data warnings from Optus, I had 1.92Gb left this morning downloaded a couple of vids about 200mb each today is the last day of my cycle.

They charge $10 a GB when you go over, they had charged me 3x while I was working, WTF, rang em after driving to the top of the hill to get a line, guy copped a bit of a serve, with how slow the service is here no way could I use that much.

He said he’d credit the full amount and put me on a 60gb plan for a $1 less than the 25gb I’m on now… Again WTF, seriously.

Go into Kyneton with a list as it took the full 10 litres of oil I bought to fill the engine lines and cooler so I wanted a litre spare for top ups and another bottle of brake fluid, bzzz no one stocks the 5.1 synthetic I use here, off to Bendigo, HJ for lunch then head back..

Fill the transfer case, put some oil in the Trans time for a start… Cranked it to prime the oil system, 170kpa, pumps on and fire it up, F ALL fuel pressure, shut it down and spot the lake if fuel, disaster headed off, same chuckle head missed the fitting to the filter and return DOH.

Drop the exhaust and crossmember, manage to crush 2 fingers with the exhaust, patch myself up and back into it, managed to tighten both fittings with some cut down spanners, put it back together, prime the fuel system… DOH another leak at the engine.

I thought it was the main feed to the fuel rail, tried every possible way to tighten it but nah no way, looking like an engine out thing, fired it up for a minute, hmmm leak stopped, guessing it was a hard injector O ring, I’ll keep an eye on it.

LOTS of codes, too late and CBF’d going into them today..

Profile photo of

Scanned the Codes, MAF, O2 Heaters, Evap Purge and Fan control circuits are MIA, not as bad as I thought yesterday, everything was dry today so that’s a Win, fingers crossed that I don’t need to pull the engine again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnXnyjqbVoY

Profile photo of

With a bit of help from Justin at Ultimate Wirings Conversions the Codes are all sorted, runs like a Lexcen now  B-)

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Just awesome mate, what a build, bet you cant wait to fire a shot in anger.  Congrats and respect!!

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, yeah way happy it’s almost all done, tentative plan is we have a Tarmac event at the end of January at Broadford here..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Would so love to be there for that!!  We want lots of vids if you do :)

Profile photo of

There’s a better than even chance I’ll make it now the last of the Codes are sorted, pretty happy the wholesale wiring Mods didn’t turn to shit..   :yes:

As always I’ll have the GoPro in the car!

Profile photo of

Made an early start to try and beat the heat, bzzz.. Filled the Trans and buttoned up the inspection panel, it’s gonna be a bit toasty inside when not moving..

Drained and flushed the Power Steering and refilled with the correct LDAS oil, much quieter than before, from this I’m guessing normal oil cavitates and this is why pumps fail, thanks for the heads up Craig…

Profile photo of
    Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

Looks and sounds awesome IJ, you must have a big smile on your face. :yes: :yes:   :cool

Profile photo of

Pretty happy with it Mick!

:yes:

Profile photo of

Interesting morning, I somehow Borked the Dry weights the other day, calibrated and zero’d the scales, new numbers are a bit better..

Dry

RF 294 LF 315   609

RR 260 LR 250   510

1119kg

Wet

RF 315  LF 334  649

RR 280  LR 270  550

1199kg

Driver

RF  338  LF 340  678

RR  315  LR 283  595

1276kg

The Panda has moved under its own power for the first time!

Profile photo of

Here we have The Angry Panda at rest in its home habitat..

Profile photo of

New Screen Day!  :yahoo:

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Sooooo…….

How’s it go?

Profile photo of

Haven’t actually driven it yet, just backed it out of the Shed..

Profile photo of

A couple of small details to address, windscreen number and Wiper, adjusted all 4 shocks, replaced the torn boots on the Hydro, while I was doing that I found a clip off the shifter microswitch I use to 0 the gear indicator display.. replaced that, good to go.

Took the Panda out for its first shakedown on the Private test road… WOW I wanted to build something more Nimble then the Lexcen, mission accomplished!

It turns like a Mad Thing, it’s a bit darty in a straight line but that will be alignment, I really need smaller Master Cylinders as the pedal effort is way too high.. all in all though very promising!!

Profile photo of

Initial Driving impressions..

It feels MUCH lighter than it’s actual weight, like 500kg lighter than the Lexcen, the theory of a lower Pmoi is now reality, flicking it side to side there’s instant response and minimal roll, having the weight low and central has transformed the feel, it drives like a smaller car.

It isn’t nearly as hot inside as I expected but that may change with power runs and sitting in staging lanes, the Brakes while needing far too much pedal pressure don’t pull at all.

It’s a bit louder inside than the Lexcen but that may be that most times I drove the Lexcen I had a helmet on, the steering is very fast and direct, a bit like a Kart.

Gearing seems a bit low but that hasn’t changed so I’m putting that down to the lighter weight and how easily it moves, 3rd gear (top) at 30 kmh it just accelerates away like it’s in 1st..

It maybe oversprung as I installed my stiffest springs, the dampers are keeping up easily at 12 out of 24 clicks, depending on where I run I have a lot of alternative springs I can use.

All in all with some tweaking I think it’s going to be a very good thing.. only downside was an ABS error that I’ll need to sort but that may be a dodgy wheel speed sensor or wire.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Good things take time. You have hit this ball out of the park Ian. Congrats mate. You should be wrapt

:good:

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of cava454 cava454.
Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.