This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,281 through 1,300 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

PIM?

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

PIM?

Yes! Powertrain Interface Module. I already asked IJ about this on FB. Seems to only appear on automatic vehicles with esp. My VZ M6 does not have either.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

The PIM is an integral part of my electronics package so has to stay..

Profile photo of

Couple of cold wet miserable days here, CBF’d so will get back into it during the week, side note: is there a reason I can still see the Ghosts of the deleted Spam posts in latest posts?

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea that’s weird.  Will get Georgie onto it.

Profile photo of

That turned into a longer day than expected, today was Power Window day… bzzz as I’m not using any electronics in an effort to keep it as simple as possible all the wiring and switches has to be heavier to take the load..

The Wire is 9 strands too big to fit into the Deutsch DT Pins, DOH.. Off to Bendigo to my Wholesaler, again bzzz only had a 4 way and not the extra 3x 2 Ways I needed, tried as many places in town I could think of nuh..

Thought bugger it I have spare DTP pins so just came home and did all the wiring and taped the pins together, ordered the 3x 2 Ways from my online supplier and will fit them on arrival.

Windows go UP windows go DOWN, Electric Power Steer pump works, Fans on the Coolers work now the wiring is swapped around, just have to find a couple of reliable IGN on and ACC On  wires and that’s done, Wire the Gauge panel in and I’m done!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Weather certainly isn’t conducive to shed work!!

Profile photo of

Actually a nice day here… still don’t want to be out there..

——————————————————————–

The simplest jobs can turn into the biggest mindfucks..

Traced out the 2 control wires I need then started Wiring them in, nek minut NOTHING, sort of had part of the dash and a few other things but 0 Starter circuit or Wipers..

Did all the usual checks fuses and relays, bzzz Spoke with Justin and he gave me a diagnosis path, still nothing, dug into 1 of the Donor looms and back tracked that circuit, good , good, bad.. turns out it was a fuse that had tested ok with the Multi Meter using it’s external test points… DOH.

That’s enough for today everything is working as expected, will finish it up tomorrow then I can strip it all out and tape it up.

Profile photo of

Got the Fuel pumps and Safety switch sorted, wired up my Gear Display then after stumbling upon the 4way DTP connector that I was sure I had but had put somewhere “safe” I did a rewire on the Window power cables..

Profile photo of

I was 2 DT pins short to finish up what I did today, I have some on order so nipped into the Village to check mail.. bzzz nu, ahh well shot into town and did some Grocery shopping, got home and started disinfecting and putting it all away then remembered the last time I went to town I grabbed 2x 4 way DT connectors and they come with pins!

Robbed a couple of pins finished up and tested it, all good, if the engine shuts off the safety switch shuts the Pumps off, if you hit the Main Battery cutoff it also kills the Pumps, bit Belt and Braces, the stock pump output is meant to do this but for some reason it’s never worked in this harness..

Profile photo of

My DT Pins and DTP 2 way connectors arrived this morning, installed the Connectors finishing up the Power Windows, CBF’d for the rest of today!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

….kills the Pumps, bit Belt and Braces

Safe and wise if you ask me, not doing if you have the ability too would just be plain stupid.

Profile photo of

That was my thinking as well Gary, multiple layers of safety are always a good thing.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Shit mate, off track excursion, can’t get out quickly, fuel pumps running, yea nah.

Profile photo of

Yeah exactly, people laugh when they see the Fire suppression system, Race suit, gloves and so on, a lot think I wouldn’t know if my arse was on fire… I would and don’t like thta concept!  ;-)

—————————

Late start, and that’s the end of the wiring, all that’s left is tape, conduit and some P clamps!

I modded my Spray Can handle as it only works with one style on button, sorted than had a look at the passenger side quarter, it had been pushed in under the body mold or so I thought..

It was way down my list of things to do, I’d had a conversation with Brett and Craig on ways to repair it and based on their suggestions I had a plan… bzzz there are many panels in that area with no clear access..

Looked closer at the damage and turns out it’s pushed the body mold in, the recess it sits in is a seam where the quarter is welded on so lots of structure in there hence no access, never noticed before but there a row of plastic plugs I assume so you can bolt the mold on..

Found an old small hammer handle that fits in the holes and used my dead blow hammer to knock the flange back out, near enough because “RaceCar” (I was going to ignore it and just paint over it before for that reason)

Profile photo of

One empty E36, made a start doing the tape and conduit thing to find the one size I thought I had plenty of I didn’t really… DOH

Off to Autopro, ready to have another crack tomorrow, once that’s all done I’ll make a start on painting the interior and underneath.

Saw this parked a couple of doors up from my place, “free kangaroo enquire within”..

Profile photo of

DOH, I grabbed an extra 2 big rolls of tape the other day, ran out again part way through the conduit, off to town again so did a small shop so I don’t have to go back in till next week..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Upside of living a little remote is you don’t have to care so much about neighbors, downside is it does involve more trips!!

Profile photo of

Exactly, was my own fault as I’d planned on loose wrapping with the Tape then conduit over the top but on further thought that would allow dirt and dust to get between the wires and possibly lead to a failure down the track… all good now, hope to finish the wiring tomorrow.

Profile photo of

Wiring 100% done… yaay.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,281 through 1,300 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.