This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Wish that was here Gary, it was much improved today when I was in town but still a long way to go re the younguns, Watched a vid today blaming the state of the world on the “Boomer” generation and that we’re getting what we deserve, pretty narrow minded considering most of as had 0 input on what was done over the years…

I don’t know how people with families are coping, I’m on my own so only have to worry about me, my “overheads” are minimal by comparison, ie: I bought a 24 pack of toilet rolls just before the shit hit the fan, had a few left in the old pack and have just used the first roll of the new pack today..

I live 15 minutes from the nearest population centre have 110.000 litres of tank water and a battery backed up Solar system so can be self sufficient if needs be, I’ve laid in enough food to get me through a month if we go full lockdown this week as I suspect, this will be bought about by the simpletons that have headed to their holiday homes for Easter as to them that’s essential..

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Unfortunately I do agree it’s the idiots not understanding the importance of slowing  the transmission that’s the issue. Stay safe mate. Hunker down, we will get through this.

Profile photo of

Ok had a week off to feel sorry for myself, enough sooking back into it, made up the front bar mount using countersunk nutserts, drilled both bars and that’s enough for the first day back..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

How neat is that, nice!!

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, it’s very different to what I was going to do…

Had time to rethink it over the past few days, I’m happy with it and having multiple mounting points spread apart should be better than how I did it on the Lexcen..

The Rear mount will just be a variation on this as it’s a similar mount setup.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Looks good mate, this build is lightyears ahead of the Lexcen, and at the time the Lexcen blew me away.

Profile photo of

Always trying to improve on what I do, pick up new skills and ways of doing things along the way as well, I’m making lots less mistakes this time and rarely have to scrap what I’m doing and start again, this helps a lot with productivity..

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Doing stuff yourself or watching something like binky, skid factory, fabrication videos and forums like this one all help and you think!! I’m going to steel that but slightly change it to what you want

Profile photo of

I think in my case it’s more if I have a choice between an easy way and a hard way to do something my brain defaults to inventing an even harder way of doing it…

Need to cut that shit out and just finish the build…

Profile photo of

And done for the day, I got the rear bar mount made and got a reasonable fit up on the rear section, the sides not so much, oddly from all my research the only mention of different rear bars is the stubby compact cars, everyone says sedan and coupe are the same…

Not a big deal as I have to cut it for the bigger tyres anyway, trimmed up the tow hook holes to suit, the hooks stand well proud of the bumpers, on the Lexcen with the straps it used to tear the bumpers up..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The old “will fit most models”. Looks like it’s no biggie though. Great to see you getting back into it mate. Nice work.</p>

Profile photo of

It’s a bit of an optical illusion, if you add the flare I cut off for clearance it’s about right..

Profile photo of

Went out and pumped a few 1000 litres of water from the catch tanks to the header tank thanks to the overnight rain..

Got stuck into the bumpers, bolted the flares back on the trimmed the bumpers to suit, the too wide front bumpers worked out in my favour and once the flares were on the rear bumpers weren’t near as Mong as it looked, small trim done.

I’ll cut a bit more off when I make the Mud flap mounts and that way the Flaps will protect the bumper as well, there’s a reinforcement rib about 15mm back from the leading edge, I’ll trim to it.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Hey that’s a win, that’s looking bloody nice!!

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, it’s grown on me heaps, well pleased!

I’ll sort the Mudflaps tomorrow, gonna look like arse but they’re a necessary evil and have to be on all driven wheels per the rules..

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

That’s looing sick even better once all the same colour

Profile photo of

Thanks, I’ll be leaving the Roof vent, Wing, and Flares Black and the Bonnet will get done in Satin black, I “think” it’ll look good and it’ll be easily repaired, bit important on a race car..

When I bought the paint the guy was trying to sell me on 2 Pak till I mentioned race car.. Acrylic it is!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

That will look cool. A BMW Batmobile!!

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

nice work IJ, its a nice sized sedan and not bad looking when painted.

Profile photo of vin
    vin
    Participant

sedan/coupe you know what I mean

Viewing 20 posts - 1,061 through 1,080 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.