This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Those cables are certainly toast (excuse the pun).  Do you have any plans for venting the bonnet, given its a smaller engine bay?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Yep, I’m going with a Louver system after seeing a Vid on it the other night, lots of benefits, the Lexcen was Vented but it was more the cable proximity to the Headers, even with the Ceramic coating they get damn hot…

————————————–

My Material turned up so I made up my Intake into the Blower and plumbed up the PCV system.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Holy crap that pic makes it look like its mid-engined!!

Profile photo of

LoL, it’s a long way back…

Profile photo of

The last fitting for the fuel system arrived, I washed out the tank then filled it chock full of foam, fiddled with the hoses till I was happy with the layout, it’s finished ready to go into service.

Next job was the Steel Trans Pan, normally I drill and tap the aluminium pans for a temp sender, can’t do that in thin steel, I machined up a boss then Tig welded it in,

Knowing my Tig in steel isn’t the best I leak tested it before installation, passed first time, whoo hoo!

Profile photo of

Did the Grip Tape on the Dead and Loud pedals, then I made a start on the Office, I expanded on a concept by David, a lot of the “smarts” are in the dash so it’s an integral part of the electronics package.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Dam I hope your feet are small not much room down there lucky you don’t have a clutch pedal

looking good though

Profile photo of

LoL, Actually more room than it looks Frazer, I could drive it in my work boots, my race boots are heaps smaller..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

LoL, Actually more room than it looks Frazer, I could drive it in my work boots, my race boots are heaps smaller..

Can confirm you arent 6′ 4″ and 120kg though…

Profile photo of

Can confirm you arent 6′ 4″ and 120kg though…

LOL Fair point! then again I built it for me..

—————————————————–

This build is a bit of a Rubik’s cube, lots of things need to be done in a certain order as placement and layout for everything else hinges on them..

One biggie is the switch gear and gauges as the main loom and battery cables need to be made to suit, I resisted the urge to call it quits early today so got heaps done!

The blank space in the lower right corner of the panel will be where my EFI Live flashscan will live as I have a few alarms programmed into it and it has supplementary gauges.

I also mounted the external battery cut off on the A Pillar..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice, coming along great.

Profile photo of

Thanks, really happy with the progress, I can now knock over a bunch of jobs..

Profile photo of

Capped off where the stock BMW rear shocks mounted then made all my battery cables.

Profile photo of

Made a mount for my Shift light and Gear position indicator, once that was done I dropped the power train so I can make a few hoses I can’t get to with the engine in and I’ll make a start on modding the lsd front diff to suit.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Really looking purposeful mate, love it.

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, trying to pare it back to the bare minimum I need to make it work, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

The old saying goes, if you are a contractor and start to see the light at the end of the tunnel, order more tunnel!!

Profile photo of

LoL

———

And back from Melbourne, I figured out a modification to the rear sway bar to make it more effective without paying for a complete new one to be made,

While I was down I stopped in at VPW and collected some thermal management products and a couple of metres of hose so I don’t have to use fittings and a coupler..

Profile photo of

One step forward and two back kind of day, got the Fuel system plumbed and made a start on the fire sleeve on the hoses, was tightening up the Engine oil hoses and sheared off on of the fittings, they’re aluminium rigged into the sump rail, but the way they’re done are only 1mm wall… Off to Melbourne to get some fittings..

Profile photo of

And home, rang my Sway bar guy and had him leave it out for me to collect, left bar is what I started with and due to where the LCA pivots ended up there’s bugger all leverage on it, with the splayed ends the links are much further from the pivot points.

The Sump fittings look like they’re made from screw in fittings that have had the threads turned off making them very thin wall, hardly “race ready” glad it happened here.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.