This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

Went down and put the tools away and had a tidy up, then had a fiddle..

In the Lexcen I used an 8 litre surge tank, to get the power into the pumps I bought a set of bulkhead fittings from EFI Hardware, they’re little nylon buttons with an M6 hole and an o-ring.

You drill a 6mm hole then they have 30mm long M6 stainless grub screws, you have a nylon each side of the tank and an M6 nylock nut to hold the ring connector..

Over the years the holes in the surge tank flogged out so I made some bigger brass buttons but had to Araldite them in so they wouldn’t leak, cool I can reuse the nylon buttons..

BZZZ couldn’t get the studs out due to the epoxy, it’s pretty much chemical resistant, Google to the rescue, heat debonds it, success they’re $18 each saved em!

Next “issue” some numptie forgot a Filter, quick trip to Melbourne for some fittings, all good, my day is done pissing down rain here.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

good save on the fitting ,,is the rain needed where you are

Profile photo of

Yeah pretty happy to have saved all 4, it’s dry here not as bad as most of the country but the water is a good thing, my guess is it’s enough to top my tanks off…

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Nice save. Mate you rack up the driving miles on these builds!!

Profile photo of

Yep, just clicked over 190k today I bought it at 56k, pulled the blower engine at 99k, coincidence was the VX clubsport LS1 I dropped in had 99k on it as well..

Profile photo of

That was a longer day than planned..

Got the Intercooler plumbing done then made a start on the fuel tank, took it outside and pressure washed it.

Also worked out the filter location, ordered some 100mm silicone to make it work.

Was going to call it a day then but got fiddling with the pumps and mounts, next thing I knew they were done, looked at the plumbing for them and worked out a plan.

I didn’t want to run the braided hose over the tank as it does a good impression of a saw when you add dirt… Dug out enough 400 hose and fittings to make it happen.

Found a near disaster in the old Lexcen plumbing, the short hose from one of the lift pumps to its filter had ruptured the outer sheath totally…

Profile photo of

Bit of a one forward one back one forward day..

Did a bit more on the Fuel system today, did a test fit to make sure what I had planned would work… BZZZZ nuh not a chance..

Figured out an alternate plan that didn’t involve more cutting and welding as I CBF’d, but it did mean a trip to Bendigo, couldn’t find the fittings I needed at the first stop but they said to try Nankervis Boats as they’re an Aeroflow dealer.

Got one fitting but needed 2, took it as a Win as I couldn’t find this particular fitting on the Website, so ordered another from my regular supplier, also grabbed a bunch of consumables getting ready for “Wiring Hell”…

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

“Wiring Hell”, I like that :wacko:

Profile photo of

Yeah not a fan, don’t know how Justin does it for a living and stays Sane..

———————————-

Plumbed as much of the Tank as I can, the pressure side will mimic what I’ve done for the return once the last fitting arrives.

Plumbed up the Power steering and cooler, also the Catch can return into the Dipstick hose.

I have a bunch of Surplus an fittings, mostly 400 pushlock, there’s some 100 and 200 also have some T’s, Y’s fuel cell and bulkhead fittings, I have -6, -8,-10 and -12 so if in need hit me up, reasonable prices.

Profile photo of

ALL the steering shaft clearance!

Decided while I was in Melbourne I’d grab a few more an fittings to make the car a little more serviceable, they only had Silver, at least I won’t hook em up wrong.

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Progress is progress!!

Profile photo of

Yep, I’m happy as long as it’s going forward!

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yep the way I look at it, every hour you spend, is one hour closer to the finish…

Profile photo of

Yep the way I look at it, every hour you spend, is one hour closer to the finish…

If I hadn’t lost the 5 weeks with the Shoulder injury I think it might have been done by now..

———————————

Went and collected a couple of parcels, new Steel trans sump and some shiny new Rack ends..

Profile photo of

Been down the Shed fiddling for the last couple of hours, headed off a couple more Lexcen points of failure, the Air bleed hose had been rubbing on the Blower belt and was almost sawn through,cut out the affected area and rerouted it behind the belt and pullies.

The battery cables to the engine even having a Firesleeve sheath over them and pretty well cooked, I’ll reroute these as well when I make the new cables..

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Those cables look pretty cooked indeed

Profile photo of

Bit surprised they’re as bad as they are….

Guess it would have been much worse without the fire sleeves..

Profile photo of Micks
    Micks
    Participant

Reckon you got them in the nick of time! In a running vehicle could have catastrophic!

Profile photo of

They were both sleeved and seperated from each other Mick, no real danger just surprising they were so bad…

Profile photo of

Did a small welding job with the Tig this morning then had a dabble in Wiring Hell… Managed to trace out the BMW connectors I need then binned the rest,

Laid out the Lexcen harnesses and cut out my old standalone power window circuit as there’s a much easier way to do it with the BMW motors.

Also hacked out the add on mess from 3 years of updates, I’ll redo it all so it’s not quite so hideous.

Viewing 20 posts - 941 through 960 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.