This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Maybe we should crowd fund the Commodores Plus workshop.  You could be the live in workshop manager…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

???

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

I mean you could move out of your “isolated” place and move into our private workshop.  Trust me you wouldn’t feel isolated, we would around all the time getting to fab shit up for us.  Never mind me, I am off my meds again, carry on :wacko:

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

[Never mind me, I am off my meds again, carry on [/quote]

classic lol

Profile photo of

Only problem I can see is if I don’t heal I won’t be fabbing for Mr let alone anyone else…  :-(

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea saw the FB post mate, feel for ya.  lets hope some rest and modern medicine can settle it down.

Profile photo of

Thanks G, so over this shit, driving is the one real joy I have in life and now it just about cripples me to do it..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

So this is a result of the accident those years back?  Is it getting worse now or have you managed to somehow deal with up until now?  Mate, I seriously feel for ya, I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t drive.  Have you looked at alternative therapies?  Sorry for the personal questions btw if you would rather not say.

Profile photo of

It first happened when I was folding up the fuel cell tub for the Lexcen, at the time the pain was in my elbows so I put it down to arthritis and not referred pain..

This time I was folding up some 50x3mm steel for the rack fixture and didn’t think twice about it….

DOH this is the end result, my folder has short handles and no counterweights so anything over 2mm you have to put a bit of force into it and the force seems to get concentrated in a small group of muscles at the base of my neck/upper back, I’m guessing it pinches the nerve bundle that goes to my arm..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Pity you are there.  I have a “physio” I go to.  Tbh he is a bit strange, he is more like a muscle whisperer.  But he understands a lot about the way the nerves travel from your neck out through to the body.  I was having referred pain issues with my feet/ankle.  he sorted it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065.
    Profile photo of

That’s part of the problem, the nearest physio is a 50k round trip, I’m not supposed to drive with painkillers so by the time I get there I’m wrecked and no matter how good they are the drive home undoes any possible good..

I did ten years of physio five days a week after my accident, apart from the massage and ultrasound it pretty well did nothing..

Also not a chiro believer at all, they’re wanna be Doctor’s and Charlatans..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Yea I don’t go to regular physios at all.  Imo you might as well just go get a good massage.  Never been to a chiro in my life.

Daniel, as I say, is a bit left field, its hard to describe what he does without going to him. But it does seem to work.  When Sue was at the height of her sprinting and hurdling she would go to him quite a bit.  he is sort of more about the root cause than just this muscle or that.

Hope you get on top of it mate, being healthy is a funny thing, you don’t really think too much about it until something happens.  Then you realize how stuffed you are without it.

Profile photo of

Had to go into the village to get some milk, arm only had a dull ache so fingers crossed I might be on the mend, still wouldn’t be doing an interstate run or even a Melbourne run but I’ll take any improvement at this point..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Thats great news mate.

Profile photo of

Thinking about this injury I may have given the sheet metal folder a bum wrap..

Backtracked in Facebook to see what other stupidity I’d been up to before I hurt myself, putting the battery in the Tonner is a huge suspect..

It’s mounted to the chassis behind the Cab so as the BMW is on the hoist I had to do it on the floor on stands, it’s a bit of a clumsy install at the best of times as it sits between the driveshaft and the valve block for the air suspension..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Batteries are a pita at the best of times, you invariably end up in an awkward cantilevered position fitting them.  Be great if you could zero in on what to avoid.

Profile photo of

I was on my back so had to bench press it into place, not so bad but I think the twist needed to get it into position did the damage, not to mention having to do it twice due to a difference in terminals…

ALL my fault though and I should know better, part of getting old, you need to accept your limitations..

Bin day again, so had a bit of a fiddle in the shed, when I changed to the rear mounted steering rack the front header pipe is in the way of the steering shaft…

I unbolted it removed it’s spring and was able to pull the single pipe no probs, I’ll rework it once I’m able then get it recoated, bit of a DOH but it happens..

I’m still not right to work so will reassess on Sunday. <fingers crossed>

Profile photo of

Made the trip to Melton on Friday to collect parts and materials I need to proceed, driving still isn’t a lot of fun..

Reassessment day, I’ll get back into it tomorrow but will have to ease back in so I don’t aggravate the injury..

First job will be a rework of the header pipe then a trip to Melbourne to have it recoated (NOT looking forward to that)

As of now I have a bit of a dull ache in my left forearm but the biggest issue is really shit sleep patterns so I wake feeling like 6 different kinds of arse..

VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Def ease into it mate, its not a race.  Fingers crossed for you though…

Profile photo of

Thanks Gary, I’ve missed ALL of my self imposed deadlines, so the pressure is off, I’ll just plod along till it’s done..

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.