This topic contains 1,534 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cava454 cava454 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,536 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous Member since: January 1, 1970

I have quite a bit of scope for adjustment, the more I research it the more I’m finding there is no perfect setup, The main area the Lexcen fell down was not having any adjustment for the LCA’s and that meant I was stuck with what I’d built, I’ll just get the E36 near enough then tweak from there..

Weight distribution should be just so much better than the Lexcen could ever hope to be, that in turn makes life a lot easier, I’m looking forward to seeing what it can do.

Profile photo of

Pissing down rain here… Went and collected the material for the LCA’s came home unloaded then had a fiddle… CBF’d day but I dropped the rear shocks and measured the camber adjustment.

I have 5.4 degrees in the lower adjusters and probably another 3 on the uppers, 5.4 is more than I’ll ever need, a smart bloke would reorient the upper adjusters to allow for caster change in the front and antisquat in the rear… I’ll have to find a smart person…

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Sounds like you need a guy with hammer. So happens, I have a hammer.

Profile photo of

LOL, Might need a Bigger hammer though  :yes:

————————————–

Figured I’d ease back into it today and make the reinforcement plates for the rear strut towers… bzzz my cheap air shears I bought the other month had different ideas and snapped off part of the blade.. DOH

Pulled my old dead ones out to see if I could swap out the broken part, nah just different enough to not work, thought while they were apart I’d have a go at sharpening the blades and reassemble them.. bingo all good, cut out the blanks machined them up and drilled them.

(There was some Tourette’s going on when they broke)

Profile photo of

Done for the day, not going to be pretty “Because RaceCar”

Profile photo of

Man I’m getting old, that’s me done for the day, holding onto the big grinder killed my arms.. (and it’s only the 7″ NOT the Monster 9″)

Just need to trim them up and weld them in.

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Bloody neat mate, this is such a cool build, thanks for sharing it with us.

Profile photo of

Thank you for the forum so I can share it Gary, a build thread has been part of my life for so long now, they help me think and plan each aspect as most of what I do is “freehand”..

I hope some of the other guys are enjoying following along with a real build and not some edited reality tv bullshit, the fact of the matter is if you’re doing something like this on your own it takes time there are no shortcuts.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

Hey Ian this is an awesome build and something different I am really enjoying following it , plus all the tricks, tips and information that everyone brings in

Profile photo of

Good to hear Frazer, I’m the first to admit I don’t know it all so always receptive to ideas and suggestions!

A lot of times while I don’t go with the suggestion it will lead me a totally new direction I hadn’t considered before so getting input is a huge part of what I do, I find it really easy to get tunnel vision from being too close to a project.

Profile photo of

I don’t think it’s falling out anytime soon, I’ll do the other side tomorrow when I’m fresh.

Profile photo of Immortality
    Immortality
    Participant

Tie the tops into the roll cage and it will never move.

Profile photo of

There will be a fairly extensive X Brace in there as well, much like I did with the Lexcen  :yes:

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

and not some edited reality tv bullshit

CommodoresPlus youtube channel :)

Immortality
    Participant

Project Binky has that covered already.

Profile photo of HDN05L
    HDN05L
    Participant
    Supporter

I dont comment on many builds but i always watch for updates Ian. love the work and i have already got some ideas from you before on some things.

Cheers

Profile photo of

Project Binky has that covered already.

I follow Binky, the Worlds Heaviest Mini…

I dont comment on many builds but i always watch for updates Ian. love the work and i have already got some ideas from you before on some things. Cheers

Thanks  B-)

———————————

Decided to push on a bit today, and that’s that part done… Slight mishap, swung my dead blow hammer and missed, my thumb didn’t.. probably lose the nail… again.

Profile photo of Judge1 Frazer
    Judge1 Frazer
    Participant
    Supporter

this will make you feel better just had surgery on my left arm on Wednesday bicep tendon rupture repair , it hurts like hell :cry: :’-(

Profile photo of

Oddly I don’t feel any better, just makes 2 of us hurting…  :’-(

Hope your’s isn’t too painful and you can get back into your build soon..

Immortality
    Participant

this will make you feel better just had surgery on my left arm on Wednesday bicep tendon rupture repair , it hurts like hell

I know the feeling, had shoulder surgery 8 weeks ago but I’v permanently lost one bicep tendon.  Been a long 8 weeks so far.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,536 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.