This topic contains 68 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of VRSenator065 VRSenator065 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Brake booster should already be tapped in rear drivers side runner.

Mat sensor into rear passenger side runner.

The rest at the front. Also a good time to do valley breather and coolant cross over mod.

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>No worries thanks for that, what’s involved in the valley breather and crossover? Fairly simple to do?</p>

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Got the coolant cross over done on my manifold. Just need to drill and tap a thread for the air temp sensor then I can fit manifold and fit motor into car. Anyone know what size thread I need to tap for the sensor?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Brad Brad.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Brad Brad.
    Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Not a whole lot of progress lately but starting to come together. Changed my mind on a couple of things, sold my come manifold and bought a harrop hi rise. Bought a set of tri spokes that I’ve been looking for for awhile now, changed the door cards to a set of leather ones. And the biggest decision I’ve changed my mind on is ditching the T5 for an auto. Wanted to keep it a manual, but after driving my mates blown vk with a manualised  auto at red centre nats I’ve changed my mind.  Got a th400 for it yesterday for a good price so the conversion will be underway shortly

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Couple of photos of the small progress

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Profile photo of Brad Brad.
    Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Any progress is good progress  :good:

Profile photo of doz10
    doz10
    Participant

It’s coming along nicely mate, the engine looks mint too, funny you mentioned wanting to stick with the manual but deciding to go auto, I’m about to do the same thing to my ss, got a built th400 sitting there ready to go, I just need a higher stally and the tailshaft built to suit mechanically but I’m not sure what if anything I need to do electrically so to speak

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Cheers doz10 getting there slowly, from what I understand the T5 speed sensor should bolt into the th400 one. And reverse lights should be able to setup threw shifter depending on what one your using, don’t hold me to that just what I’ve read. Haven’t looked into it to much yet, as I’ve only made the decision this week to go auto. Still have to work out what stall I’m going to go, but won’t have to worry about kick down as I’m going manualised.

Profile photo of doz10
    doz10
    Participant

Ahh yeah that makes sense, from memory I think the speedo outputs are the same or the parts are compatible, my auto is fully manualized too, I plan on going to a fully manualized 4l80e for the overdrive later on down the track for the overdrive but the th400 will be plenty of fun till that happens

Profile photo of VRSenator065
    VRSenator065
    Participant
    • Adelaide SA
    • VR Senator LSx454 1960 Kombi (project) 1921 Nash Hot Rod (future project)

• View build HERE
    Supporter

Go a manualised auto with a ratchet shifter.  Poor mans sequential manual :)

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Trimatic FTW

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Yea that’s what I’m planning on vrsenator065, got the idea of using my manual knob still and trying to keep the factory look like you did with your senator. Just need to find a auto marble surround to replace my manual one, not liking my chances after seeing how hard the manual ones seem to be to find.

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Yea that’s what I’m planning on vrsenator065, got the idea of using my manual knob still and trying to keep the factory look like you did with your senator. Just need to find a auto marble surround to replace my manual one, not liking my chances after seeing how hard the manual ones seem to be to find.

i reckon I know where one is. I’ll have a suss

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Cheers cava that would be awesome, then I could pass my manual one on to someone needing one

Profile photo of cava454
    cava454
    Supporter

Worse case you can always use your manual surround.

Profile photo of VSClubby355
    VSClubby355
    Participant

What’s wrong with your rear end.  That rear wheel is set quite a fair way back in the quarter

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Rear end is fine, I just had the wheels sitting next to the car. So I could see what it looked like, here’s a better photo of the rear end

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.